Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Paper Cartridge Boxes  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Paper Cartridge Boxes
« on: May 07, 2020, 10:30:54 AM »
I've been searching for paper cartridge boxes to add to some of my cased sets.  Finally found a link to CapNBall's eBay web page & Ordered a few back in March (?).  They came in yesterday.  Hungary is a few days away.  They are nice and will complete some of my sets.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Len

• View Profile
Re: Paper Cartridge Boxes
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 11:09:51 AM »
Hi Fingers, them boxes look really nice. I suppose they're made out of some light weight wood. How are the lids hinged? Fabric?

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 11:41:00 AM »
I have a few myself Fingers. They're very nicely made.

Curious, were yours near impossible to get the wood to slide out of the cardboard? Mine took an act of congress to get out. I actually ran some 400 grit sandpaper over the wood to make them slide easier.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 11:44:10 AM »
OUR Congress? ^j)

Those guys couldn't make a decision to save their lives!

Oh wait...it was just a figure of speech. My bad... L@J
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 12:13:26 PM »
Hi Fingers, them boxes look really nice. I suppose they're made out of some light weight wood. How are the lids hinged? Fabric?

Hi Len, you are correct about the wood and fabric.

I have a few myself Fingers. They're very nicely made.

Curious, were yours near impossible to get the wood to slide out of the cardboard? Mine took an act of congress to get out. I actually ran some 400 grit sandpaper over the wood to make them slide easier.

Yes, very tight.  They'll get the sandpaper fix like yours.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 12:16:09 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 04:15:34 PM »
I bought two of his cartridge boxes and thought they were well made. Put them on a shelf in the basement for a while. When I wanted to load the boxes, it was impossible to slide the wood out.......humidity. I put them in the microwave at a low setting for a brief time, repeated until I was able to slide the wood out, although with difficulty. After getting the wood out, I did as you all did and sanded the wood until it was just a good fit.