Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Paterson Carbine  (Read 2210 times)

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
Paterson Carbine
« on: May 22, 2020, 02:01:46 PM »
I found this on another forum and wanted to pass it along. I like Paterson revolvers but do not even own a replica. If I had at least $200K in mad money I would bid on it. Just a beautiful gun!

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Military-Artifacts/Firearms/Colt-Paterson-Model-1839-Percussion-Carbine-with-Sling-Bar/lotInformation/53203053#topoflot

17 photos on the website.

From the OP on the other forum:

Lets see, at a penny saved per day that is 200,000 X 100 = 20,000,000 pennies (or days) needed until I'm ready to open the bidding.
20,000,000 / 365 = 54,794.52 years.
DANG!
I knew I should have started saving sooner. At 71 now, I'll be 54,865.52 years old when I start the bidding.
If I win, I'll probably be too feeble to pick it up.
Even if I can pick it up, my eyesight will have deteriorated so much that I won't be able to hit the broadside of a barn.
You know, its that .52 years that always catches up with you.
I guess I'll pass and let you young whipper snappers have a go at it.
Regards,

Jim

We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
Re: Paterson Carbine
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 03:57:59 PM »
My girlfriend’s father had one almost exactly like that.  It was marked #5.  It got sold along with the rest of his collection.  I have only seen pictures of it.  Never had the chance to see it in person.   8)

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 05:30:44 PM »
If it did not go for at least $100K, that was a steal. Got any particulars about the sale?
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 07:15:41 PM »
My girlfriend’s father was a fairly avid collector.  He died several years ago.  His collection had black powder pieces,  single action Colts,  Winchester rifles,  swords,  ammunition display advertisement boards,  Tiffany lamps,  real authentic Wells Fargo scales from the mid 1800’d.  The items were sold through Little John’s Arms and Armor in Southern California.  Little John told my girlfriend he had not seen a finer collection in his entire experience.  He still sends her auction catalogs every year and a Christmas card.

Her father added on a second story to the family home,  just to house and display his collection.  He had custom oak display cabinets,  lined with green felt,  and lighted.  They went from floor to ceiling on three sides of the room.  He also had a Wells Fargo oak desk set up in the room.  He used the desk as one of his “work” desks.

I’ve only seen the pictures of the room and collection,  the auction catalog listing the father’s items,  and a few of the pieces he left his daughters.