Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: One very rare Pocket Model  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
One very rare Pocket Model
« on: June 29, 2020, 05:21:59 PM »
Here is a pocket model unlike any you've seen before, that I got from Rock Island Auctions.  It is an unfired Uberti 1848 Baby Dragoon with a 4 inch barrel, made in 2003, in the white (NOT Stainless Steel) from the factory with original box and papers.  You might say it is New in the Box.  There are no markings on the frame other than the serial number and date code. The barrel has 2 proof marks on the right side, serial number on the bottom of the lug; and " Cal .31 Black Powder Only, Made in Italy " on the underside of the barrel.  Could have been a special order by Taylor's. (?)  All of the markings; with the exception of the two stamped serial numbers; are very faint and could be eliminated easily.  Could this pistol been destined for some fancy engraving?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 05:03:09 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: One of a kind Pocket Model
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 07:31:21 PM »
Like I said Fingers, you have all the cool stuff!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Re: One very rare Pocket Model
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 03:16:13 PM »
Found out that another one of these was sold by October Country as part of Dr. Davis' collection
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 02:09:18 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce