Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: CHARLEIVILLE PISTOL  (Read 5068 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: CHARLEIVILLE PISTOL
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2023, 09:08:58 AM »
I never had a Walker but I had a dragoon. I've fired 50 grains out of it before so with the extra length of the Walker cylinder I have no doubt it ill hold 60 grains. I guess it boils down to what you consider a handful. I know 50 grains out of a 4 pound gun is tame. I don't see 60 grains out of a 4 1/2 pound gun as being much different. 100 grains out of a 2 pound pistol might be a handful.

Compared to a hot .44 magnum, it's nothing. The weight of a Walker absorbs most of the recoil.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2023, 09:21:42 AM »
I never had a Walker but I had a dragoon. I've fired 50 grains out of it before so with the extra length of the Walker cylinder I have no doubt it ill hold 60 grains. I guess it boils down to what you consider a handful. I know 50 grains out of a 4 pound gun is tame. I don't see 60 grains out of a 4 1/2 pound gun as being much different. 100 grains out of a 2 pound pistol might be a handful.

Compared to a hot .44 magnum, it's nothing. The weight of a Walker absorbs most of the recoil.

I figured a .44 mag out of a gun the weight of a Walker would be nothing.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline toot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2023, 04:33:43 AM »
Yes, I have. It's a very tight fit but it can be done. The fireball is something to behold... L@J
it turns night into day!?