Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: flint lock pistol  (Read 1482 times)

Offline toot

• View Profile
flint lock pistol
« on: September 17, 2020, 10:49:08 AM »
well I just received a SCOTTISH all brass flint lock pistol. it is in 58 CAL. smooth bore. made by NAVY ARMS. I shot it with 30 GRS. of 3FG. and a 0.10 thousands spit patch. I primed with 3FG. also. and it wen't off with out a hitch.what a BLAST, PUN INTENDED! I shot it at a 2x2 square foot political sign, at 7 yards, and hit nothing. not upset as I figured that out with it not having any sights. not knowing how to dissemble it to clean it. so I cleaned it in SITU. run hot water down the barell , a dry patch down it then a patch saturated with BALISTOL twice and it was clean, oiled it and VIOLA! finished till next time. any one know how to dissemble it? so this is how I spent my morning after receiving it. toot.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: flint lock pistol
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 11:37:03 AM »
Sounds like you had a blast Toot! Can we see a picture of the gun? I'm intrigued with the Murdoch pistols.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 12:54:10 PM »
I'm really glad it finally decided to be delivered to you! L@.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 12:55:55 PM »
Bob, if I remember, remove the tang screw and then you have to tap the barrel forward as there is a little tab that hooks onto the frame (or vice-versa!).

Offline toot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 01:48:13 PM »
ShotgunDave, the mazo kid already posted them on the site for all to see. and yes I surly had a blast in my back yard this AM, with it. toot.