Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Polished some 12 ga. brass  (Read 1533 times)

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Polished some 12 ga. brass
« on: September 24, 2020, 01:18:49 PM »
A guy on another forum was looking for 12 ga. brass shot shells, couldn't find any MagTech anywhere. I offered some of my original shells and he did buy 16. I'm losing money as I bought these  many years ago when no one was making any new shells and I shipped them in the price. These are representative, some better.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Re: Polished some 12 ga. brass
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 01:21:16 PM »
After a bit over 3 hours in the rotary tumbler with ceramic media, turned out pretty nice.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 01:22:45 PM »
You’re a helluva guy for giving up some of your stash Em. 12ga brass shells are hard to find. Magtechs are sold out everywhere. When they come back in stock, I need to get a few more myself.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 01:32:01 PM »
Well, I was buying any that I could find at that time; they were unobtainium then too. I have more than I will ever use now and was selling at the average low price that I paid at the time. Most are Winchester, but also have Remingtons.

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 07:03:20 PM »
yep.. they do clean up nicely.. you did good..

i have a bunch of the no 12's and a bunch of alcans, and a pile of the UMC's... i also paid much more then going rate at times, but they last a lifetime if you keep them annealed and are careful with the crimp. i also bought 20 of the ones that are made on a lathe by rocky mountain cart.. they use regular components.
Any technology not understood, can seem like magic. Bible Believer..

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 07:19:41 AM »
I have 3 boxes of new Alcan brass; they use the G57f primers. Also several new brass using Berdan primers. I converted a few of those to 209. Since the difference between 209 and Alcan G57f primers is only a few thousandths, I may look into that too. Maybe a swaginging punch would work?

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 07:24:30 AM »
yep.. they do clean up nicely.. you did good..

i have a bunch of the no 12's and a bunch of alcans, and a pile of the UMC's... i also paid much more then going rate at times, but they last a lifetime if you keep them annealed and are careful with the crimp. i also bought 20 of the ones that are made on a lathe by rocky mountain cart.. they use regular components.
Yeah, those RMC brass cases are nice but pricey. I THINK I may have a box of their 45-90 brass, got those in a trade.