Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: New member  (Read 3625 times)

Offline Badgerfarm

• View Profile
« on: October 06, 2020, 11:01:04 AM »
New member here looking forward to looking over the posts and seeing what is out there.  I have 10 cased Colt 2nd generation percussions that I will be listing on the forum as time permits.  Old age and time have caught up with me and I told my wife that I wouldn't leave her the burden of disposing of my collection.  It's too overwhelming for her.  I sold all of my original Colts to local museum many years ago so at least she won't need to deal with that.  Hello to everyone on the forum. 

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 11:26:50 AM »
Welcome aboard, and looking forward to seeing your collection! Glad you joined us. Sorry for any technical difficulties you might have experienced getting registered.
Hope to hear a lot from you in the future!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 11:59:47 AM »
The saying around here is you don't own/possess any unless you have photos. The #1 prerequisite!

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 03:18:07 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin! Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 05:51:37 PM »
Glad you made it.  Welcome to the forum.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Pustic

• KM4JZJ Extra Class / WRPR990 GMRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 07:01:22 PM »
Waving a hand from western Kentucky!
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 08:24:30 PM »
I know there were some technical difficulties getting here, but we're glad ya made it!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Dave Shooter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 03:46:23 AM »
Welcome!
Happily Retired USAF ossifer
Engineer?
Shooter of questionable skill...
Unabashed patriot!

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 05:01:10 AM »
Welcome from Colorado

Offline Badgerfarm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 07:38:19 AM »
Hi Sourdough, 
I'll get around to posting photos as my health permits.  I'm severely disabled now and things that I used to take for granted like taking photos are now a major ordeal which requires a lot of physical effort on my part and help from my wife.  Due to spine injuries I'm now bedridden for 18 to 20 hours per day and a two hour project puts me down for 4 days.   Cherish your health.   I think you'll like what you see.  The Colts are the tip of the iceberg and don't address the percussion Sharps collection, Whitworth, Volunteer, sxs shotguns and double rifles, not to mention the PCP air rifle collection that I have.  Fingers McGee was kind enough to post a list of the Colts for me before I was able to sign up for the site.  It's nice to be on the forum although I'm still having problems signing up for the Colt collectors forum.

Best regards to all,

Badgerfarm
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 01:59:43 PM by Badgerfarm »

Offline sourdough

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 09:12:10 AM »
Ouch! I had no idea.

All of us here on the forum chide each a lot, but in a kind way.

Regards,

Jim

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 10:19:06 AM »
Sorry to hear of your health problems Badgerfarm. If you need anything, just let us know. We'll do whatever we can to help.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 11:18:37 AM »
Hello Badgerfarm, welcome!
We're looking forward to see your stuff, take your time (we're all in a rather advanced age, so time is no longer the main problem)

Offline Badgerfarm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 01:57:17 PM »
 Howdy Fingers!  I finally figured it out!  The forum didn't like my search engine so I changed things up a bit and that did the trick. 

No problem sourdough.  It's nice to see a forum where there are some real people with shared interests and I appreciate all the help that I can get get Dave.  It's sad to think that what we are doing here with our old charcoal burners may soon fade into history.  It would be nice if there were more young people out there taking an interest in this old stuff.  I'm 62 now and my first real smoke pole was an 1842 Harper's Ferry .69 cal smoothbore that I bought from an antique store in Kansas when I was 10.  The last time I had it out to shoot it was when I was 18.  It's still in the safe waiting for me.  I'll start with a few photos of the 2nd gen Colts as time permits.  They aren't anything spectacular, just a few unfired C and F Model Colts in non factory nice quality cases with accessories.  I've sure enjoyed them through the years but the time has come to let someone else enjoy them. 

On a different note, I saw a post about someone that had a book about to be published in 2018.  I can't remember the title of it and forgot to bookmark the thread but did anything ever come of it?  I would like to buy a copy of it if it is available. 

Thanks,  it's nice to be here guys.

badgerfarm

Offline sourdough

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 02:14:42 PM »
Good to hear that you found the way in to CF! See you there!

I believe the new book you are referring to is Collecting Modern Colt Blackpowder Revolvers by Eric Deaton. Latest word from him is that it is at the publisher being printed. He mostly frequents The Colt Forum. Here is a link to his newest thread:

https://www.coltforum.com/threads/new-colt-blackpowder-book-upcoming.380099/#post-3220877

Regards,

Jim