Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Set up my trap line  (Read 2887 times)

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Re: Set up my trap line
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 03:22:30 PM »
Up until this year, we had a couple of traps that were nearly 100% effective almost every day. Now, our score is only 7 for over 3 weeks. And 2 of those were caught by our cat!

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2021, 03:39:53 AM »
Where I live, surrounded by woods and fields there are field mice everywhere. I can't keep up with them. Having horse and chicken feed around doesn't help either. Two years ago, I figure the mice cost me in the neighborhood of $2000. They ate the wiring on my horse trailer, pick-up truck and two ATV's. Heck the bill might be even more then that. I forget now. If a mouse can get just his nose through an opening, then he can and will get the rest of his body through it.

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2021, 03:48:24 AM »
Here is another one of my house cats that turned out to be a good mouser. Here is Dino when she was a kitten in training learning how to kill things.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2021, 09:30:59 AM »
We are in the same situation. But you don't have to be a country dweller to experience mouse damage. A friend in town had the wiring in his car (in the garage) nibbled on to the extent of over $1200.00! (jh

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2021, 11:10:42 AM »
We are in the same situation. But you don't have to be a country dweller to experience mouse damage. A friend in town had the wiring in his car (in the garage) nibbled on to the extent of over $1200.00! (jh
Some years ago,I had a 91 Ford pick-up that the mice got to and totaled it. They hit the wiring so bad that all the shorts were never found and the truck ended up getting traded in on for another vehicle at a great loss.