Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Kitty Cat  (Read 1696 times)

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Kitty Cat
« on: December 31, 2020, 07:56:29 PM »
There has been several posts about cats recently,  here's another one.   
My son bagged a Mountain Lion on Wednesday near his home in the high country North West of Canon City Colorado.    I figure this is OK to post on this forum since he made the kill with a Colt 1911 pistol.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Kitty Cat
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 08:32:58 PM »
Holy mackerel, that's a big cat! That thing would ruin your day real quick.

Nice shootin.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 08:55:31 PM »
DANG!!!! That is a big kitty!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 11:55:38 PM »
Holy cow cat

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 01:01:58 AM »
Good Lord. You sure he didn't take an African Lion? That's a big un.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 02:58:49 AM »
They are big. Here in MS they say they were hunted to extinction over 100 years ago but they are still around. When I was a teen we had one come into town at the end of the block and scream in the middle of the night. That was a bloodcurdling sound. We first thought the woman that ran the store at the end of the block was being murdered. She said it was right in front of her store when it screamed and said it was about 8 feet long from nose to tip of tail. Years later I was driving down a gravel road going to work and saw a black one at least that big running across a field. When it got to the fence it jumped and landed in the middle of the road. One more jump cleared the fence on the other side of the road and it disappeared into the woods. It was maybe 30 yards in front of me and yeah it was really big.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 04:03:41 AM »
They are big. Here in MS they say they were hunted to extinction over 100 years ago but they are still around. When I was a teen we had one come into town at the end of the block and scream in the middle of the night. That was a bloodcurdling sound. We first thought the woman that ran the store at the end of the block was being murdered. She said it was right in front of her store when it screamed and said it was about 8 feet long from nose to tip of tail. Years later I was driving down a gravel road going to work and saw a black one at least that big running across a field. When it got to the fence it jumped and landed in the middle of the road. One more jump cleared the fence on the other side of the road and it disappeared into the woods. It was maybe 30 yards in front of me and yeah it was really big.
That sure was a sight to see.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 12:42:54 PM »
We have them around here too. Lots of them actually. The powers that be in our wonderful state, have decided they can't be hunted. So they proliferate all over the hills that surround us. A couple years ago, they had to kill one at the big mall down in Temecula.

I've encountered them a few times back when I was doing a lot of hunting. They are intimidating to say the least.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 01:08:07 PM »
Very nice
I Love the Smell of Burning Black in the Morning

Flinters are awesome!

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 02:27:59 PM »
That sure was a sight to see.

Yes it was. It was impressive to say the least. I was on my way to work hauling sludge into fields owned by Weyerhaeuser. Weyerhaeuser owns thousands and thousands of acres of timberland and fields out there. The gravel stretch of that road is 20 miles long and not a house or business on it. Nothing but overgrown woods and fields. Some of the fields we hauled to were 7 or 8 miles from the plant and we didn't use roads. I have seen a few black bears out there which are rare in MS and a lot of bobcats but that's the first and only time I've ever seen a cougar or panther (panther around here) or whatever you want to call it. I have seen bobcats just sitting on the side of the road watching.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 07:18:35 PM »
I have had Lions come into the call when calling coyotes...That will wake you up.   Bobcats, foxes and occasionally a dog from a nearby ranch will show up too.