Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: mazo kid's Coyote advice.  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
mazo kid's Coyote advice.
« on: January 03, 2021, 01:53:25 AM »
Lol, on another topic,mazo kid advised me to get out and start calling coyotes as long as I cant go deer hunting.
I ran across this old phot of me holding a 60 pound plus yote that was one of three in the pack that stepped out a 150 yards from me in our hayfield. I had a broken foot at the time from my wife's horse running over me when jumping a crick as I led him across. Long story. Anyhow, I just needed to get out so dressed up the golf cart and grabbed to 22-250 and sat back at the edge of the field. I never had much luck calling yotes in but three more have made it into my crosshairs while deer or turkey hunting. I really do need to learn how to call so that I am not just telling them that I am a hunter trying to sound like a coyote. Besides mouth calls, I have electronic calls for them too but I might be over doing it. We do have a lot of yotes around my place and you can hear them at night. What a symphony.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 01:55:33 AM by Powder Burn »

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Re: mazo kid's Coyote advice.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 09:51:38 AM »
PB, where are you located? I can give advice freely, but I have never hunted coyotes! We have them here, have had them trot through the yard at times. There is a pack of wolves also, but I have not seen or heard them.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 10:09:51 AM »
That's awesome Powder Burn! Hunting with a busted foot from a golf cart! That's dedication!

I have a "rabbit in distress" call, that brings the song dogs running. It also brings in the bobcats!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »
I live in the eastern part of Ohio ( Mahoning County) with Pa as my neighbor close to the line. Actually, I had a broken foot and a broken leg, plus a few banged up ribs and a hoof print on the side of my head. The horse landed on top of me and in a panic, ran all over me and kicking. My wife and I were a half mile away from the house when it happened but I managed to pick my wife up and get her on her horse before I realized that I had a broken leg. Can you imagine? I actually walked on a broken leg with the adrenalin rush cause I was afraid for my wife because she hurt her back in the fall off her horse. I was able to hop on one leg to get my horse to a low spot in the ground and then I let her stirrup out all the way so that I could hop on. My horse baby sat me all the way back to the barn but the leg dangling sure hurt. I spent some time in a hospital bed shaking off blood clots in the leg and when I finally was able to walk a bit, I had to go to the woods.