Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: 1873 Remington Rolling Block 45-70 with 1905 Vintage Brass Scope- Reproductions  (Read 3177 times)

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
I'm with Hawg, I think I would like more eye relief on something as hard kicking as a 45-70 Rolling Block. Did you mount the scope temporarily to check on that?

Offline toot

• View Profile
the brass scope that I have on my SHARPS, is a 3 foot long MALCOME MFG. ONE.

Offline Retreever

• View Profile
I'm with Hawg, I think I would like more eye relief on something as hard kicking as a 45-70 Rolling Block. Did you mount the scope temporarily to check on that?

Hey MK, the range day pics show the final location for the brass scope , I have about 4" eye relief. Have not had an issue so far.

Retreever

Offline Retreever

• View Profile
the brass scope that I have on my SHARPS, is a 3 foot long MALCOME MFG. ONE.

I'd like to get one of those, bid on one a couple of month's back but the other guy wanted it a lot more than me.

Retreever

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Here is a brass repro scope on auction, live bidding starts Monday. I have been watching it, but have one so will not bid if one of you wants to bid..
https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Military-Artifacts/Firearms/Navy-Arms-Long-Tube-Brass-Rifle-Scope-Sword/lotInformation/61459462
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 06:53:41 PM by mazo kid »

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Anybody know who made them?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Mine is not marked as to maker, only Japan. I believe Tasco and Hakko both made scopes like this.