Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Soy wax pill  (Read 5692 times)

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
Re: Soy wax pill
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2021, 05:34:55 PM »
I realize this post is dated.
I recently had a thought of mixing crisco or olive oil with wavers wax and corn meal and make wax wafers instead of wads. I just found this interesting post.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2021, 05:58:13 PM »
Wavers wax has other stuff in it. You can find pure beeswax cheaper. For free if you know any bee keepers but you will have to strain it. Why add cornmeal?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2021, 06:49:16 PM »
Blackie Thomas of the eponymous vids (making paper cartridges) uses Glade soy wax beads (pearls, he calls them)) right over the powder.  I've used them over a dry felt wad or a wad with a couple of drops of olive oil on it. Works good.  Another of the 500 ways to skin a cat.  It's a lot of fun and ya gotta lube.  Lube or die, gentlemen.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Lyle

• 2B1ask1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2021, 08:48:30 PM »
The soy wax that I have is small chunks. I tried putting it directly in the chamber, but it is to big. I now use 4oz of soy wax and 1 oz of beeswax melted, poured in a pan, then cut to size with a 357 case. This makes a cookie thick enough and still plenty of room for the ball over 24g of pyrodex.