Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Second gen question  (Read 2133 times)

Offline bigted

• when all is said ... more will be said then done.
    • View Profile
Second gen question
« on: February 14, 2021, 09:34:45 AM »
Am considering purchase of a second gen Colt 1860 but have a question concerning fluted V non-fluted.

Did Colt build any of the second generation black box Colt's with the full fluted cylinders?

I find many third gen (signature series) basically a very fine Uberti with the full flutes. But my search is for a true second gen with the full flutes. Also another question concerning third gen's ... did they build any third gen's without the signature on the backstrap?

Anybody know how many or if they even did build the second gen's with the full fluted cylinders?
BIGTED

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Re: Second gen question
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 10:58:05 AM »
Yes, thee was a 2nd Gen full fluted 1860 Army made between 1980 and 1982.  Model Number was F1203 and there were 2670 of them made. :-*
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 04:42:54 PM »
Thanks Fingers. Preciate the info.
BIGTED

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 03:08:57 PM »
The only Signature Series Colts produced without the signature on the back strap were the Paterson for certain,  and the 1849 Pocket...  I think.  I don’t remember if my Pocket has the signature.  It’s put away.  8)

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 06:23:40 PM »
I got curious about my 1849 Pocket Signature Series.  I went and dug it out.  It has been packed away for six years.

The Signature Series 1849 Pocket Model DOES have the signature on the backstrap.  It’s very small.  But I can assure you,  my Signature Series Paterson DOES NOT have the signature.   8) ???

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 05:44:34 AM »
Thanks for that. A 62 navy is in my future but no hurry as my 62 police is very fun and accurate.

My obsession with my navy's have overshadowed most revolver doin's. I have gone on a journey to figure out the cartridge conversion in 38 spl. My work thus far is posted in the "conversion" section.
BIGTED