Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Why are there no Pietta 1860 conversion cylinders available?  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Why are there no Pietta 1860 conversion cylinders available?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2021, 09:40:05 PM »
I'd love to have one of those ASM guns Em. But as you know, they're rare as an honest politician. I have the 1860 Army, my homemade conversion, and a 72 Open Top. An ASM Richards would fill out the collection nicely.

I recently bought a Uberti RM conversion but it's more like a cross between a RM and an 1872 open top. It doesn't have the hole for the ram, it's .38 Colt/special caliber, it has an octagonal barrel and a cone front sight. It even has the 1871,1872 patent dates.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2021, 10:20:14 AM »
I'd love to have one of those ASM guns Em. But as you know, they're rare as an honest politician. I have the 1860 Army, my homemade conversion, and a 72 Open Top. An ASM Richards would fill out the collection nicely.

I recently bought a Uberti RM conversion but it's more like a cross between a RM and an 1872 open top. It doesn't have the hole for the ram, it's .38 Colt/special caliber, it has an octagonal barrel and a cone front sight. It even has the 1871,1872 patent dates.

I remember when you got that Hawg. It's a good one. Even if it's not quite right, it's still a good representation of the type, to fill the hole in the collection.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2021, 11:03:20 AM »

I remember when you got that Hawg. It's a good one. Even if it's not quite right, it's still a good representation of the type, to fill the hole in the collection.

Yeah but you know how I am about fantasy guns lol. Maybe I'm starting to see things a little more like some of you do.  (jh It may not be historically correct but I kinda like the thing. :o
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2021, 11:40:46 AM »
Hawger said "starting to see things .  .  .  more like some of you do .  .  . " "it may not be historically correct .  .  .  " !!!

What the HELL?!   

OK, HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM HAWG lately??!!!!!! (*3

Mike

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2021, 11:47:46 AM »
Hawger said "starting to see things .  .  .  more like some of you do .  .  . " "it may not be historically correct .  .  .  " !!!

What the HELL?!   

Mike
Oh sh*t, this sounds serious. Anything we can do ???

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2021, 11:52:49 AM »
NOW you tell me they are scarce. Well, my friend DID say he couldn't find one anyplace and that was probably 5-6+ years ago. I should have done my homework before selling the gun. I hadn't planned on it before he stopped in to visit.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2021, 01:00:29 PM »

Yeah but you know how I am about fantasy guns lol. Maybe I'm starting to see things a little more like some of you do.  (jh It may not be historically correct but I kinda like the thing. :o

Holy smokes!! That's HUGE coming from you Hawg!

I agree, the fantasy gun thing doesn't interest me. But having a representation of a gun, even with a few caveats is better than not having one. Specially where the RM conversions are concerned.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2021, 08:25:41 PM »

What the HELL?!   

Mike

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2021, 08:32:19 PM »

What the HELL?!   

Mike

Now Hawg, you know even Wild Bill finally put his Colt Navies away and moved on to cartridge guns. You're in good company.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2021, 08:51:23 PM »

What the HELL?!   

Mike

Now Hawg, you know even Wild Bill finally put his Colt Navies away and moved on to cartridge guns. You're in good company.

Yeah but his were historically correct.  (7+" (7+" (7+"

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2021, 09:04:18 PM »
 (7+".   (7+"

I figured the mother ship mighta swooped in and pulled a switch-ur-rue!!! 8)

(" .  .  .  his were historically correct!". Lol  (perfect!! ))

Mike