Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: New Ride  (Read 3910 times)

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
New Ride
« on: September 03, 2021, 10:33:35 AM »
Hey fellas.

Sorry I've been a little MIA the past few days. I've been here, just been a smidge pre-occupied. I was finally able to put a car deal together, and brought her home last night. You guys saw the near miss I had a month or so ago, with the new Dodge Challenger. Well I've been on the hunt since then. This car became available, and I couldn't let it get away.

It's a 2015 SRT 392 car with a manual trans, in my favorite Dodge color of Sublime Pearl. I am in car heaven!

So now that I have this all handled, you'll have my undivided attention again.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: New Ride
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 11:21:09 AM »
Is it bad to get drool on my keyboard?
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 12:39:37 PM »
How much did you say the tires cost for that thang??!!  *6' *6' *6' She's a beauty man!!!  L@.
Near miss?? I missed that one.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 04:04:38 PM »

No you wont. You'll be too busy jammin gears and chirping rubber. I know I would. (7+" First thing I'd do tho is straight pipe it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 04:10:00 PM »

No you wont. You'll be too busy jammin gears and chirping rubber. I know I would. (7+" First thing I'd do tho is straight pipe it.

He won't need to. Those things snarl like a tiger when you stomp on it.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 04:24:34 PM »
Straights will make it roar like a lion.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 09:54:01 PM »

One step ahead of you Hawg. It has had the mid mufflers removed. It roars like a lion indeed!

I put a couple hundred miles, and a tank of 91 octane through it today. Man, what a machine!
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 05:31:18 AM »

One step ahead of you Hawg. It has had the mid mufflers removed. It roars like a lion indeed!

I put a couple hundred miles, and a tank of 91 octane through it today. Man, what a machine!

Highway Star now are ya?,,,,burnin that gasoline......  (7+" Can you get any non ethanol gas out there Dave?  If so, Wonder how she'd do with that??

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 10:37:55 PM »

Highway Star now are ya?,,,,burnin that gasoline......  (7+" Can you get any non ethanol gas out there Dave?  If so, Wonder how she'd do with that??

Indeed she is a Highway Star Tim!

We have non-ethanol gas here. We also have several grades of ethanol based stuff, including E-85.

Here's a couple updated pics I took today. I was just out for a cruise, and this place looked like a cool photo op.

Let me know if you guys get tired of me rattling on about my new car, and I'll shut up.

-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 12:56:48 AM »
You're good. If this forum had been up in 93 y'all would have had to put up with me braggin on my 94 Mustang GT ragtop. (7+"

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 05:07:48 AM »
it ain't botherin me Dave. Nice photos...I'd be excited about it too if'n I were in yor shoes. Enjoy it, that's what it's about... How does the family and friends like it thus far? What's not to like?  *6' *6'    What's the recommended octane rating and do you put non ethanol in it?

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 09:40:47 PM »
I ain't gonna spoil it fer ya, Dave...I'll let you tell the boys the name ya come up with... ;)

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2021, 06:54:27 PM »
We'd happily put up with your Mustang stories Hawg. Even though it is a Ford.......... L@J

Tim, the family loves it. We drove out to my brother's yesterday and had a blast with it. It's amazing to me just how fast and easy this car hits triple digits. Effortlessly. And as for fuel, it requires at least 91 octane. They'd prefer you use 93 if you can find it.

And as for the name, my kids and their friends decided it should be called "Snot Rocket"  The reasons should be obvious. As soon as I have the plates in hand, I'll be applying for a vanity plate that says "SNOTRKT"  Hopefully it's available.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2021, 08:31:46 PM »
We'd happily put up with your Mustang stories Hawg. Even though it is a Ford.......... L@J

It's hard to believe that a car I bought new off the showroom floor will soon be 28 years old, if it still exists. Solid white with gold chrome. Leather interior with a camel colored rag top. It had a 302 V8 with a five speed. Z rated tires and tuned headers. The speedometer registered 180 and would run 110 in third without redlining. It had a personalized plate that said HOOFEN. My ex kept all my pics so I don't have any. I drove it to work one day and when I left I was sitting at a stop sign on the highway waiting on traffic. This bad ass sounding jacked up 76 TA went by with fat tires and the front bumper nearly scraping the ground. There was a young chickie doodle driving and she was staring the car down when she went by. I fell in behind her and it didn't take long to catch up. I wasn't messing with her I was in fourth and fell out to pass her. Two big puffs of black smoke came out the back and the rear end squatted when she kicked it in the ass. I shoved her down into third and chirped fourth gear rubber when I got right beside her and waved bye bye. She was beating on the steering wheel when I went by and her mouth was moving. I didn't know if she was cursing me or her TA.  *6' *6' *6' I hit an 8 point buck Christmas day of 1994 and totally messed up the front end. Insurance fixed it but it never felt right after that so we traded it in on a new F150.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 08:44:17 PM by Hawg »

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2021, 06:57:06 AM »

Tim, the family loves it. We drove out to my brother's yesterday and had a blast with it. It's amazing to me just how fast and easy this car hits triple digits. Effortlessly. And as for fuel, it requires at least 91 octane. They'd prefer you use 93 if you can find it.

And as for the name, my kids and their friends decided it should be called "Snot Rocket"  The reasons should be obvious. As soon as I have the plates in hand, I'll be applying for a vanity plate that says "SNOTRKT"  Hopefully it's available.

Morning Dave. Took  me about 15 seconds to get the SNOT Rocket thing. Duhhhhhhhhh  (l" Then it clicked.  *6' *6' I like it. like "a green hocker in a greyhound locker" ..you may scratch your head on that one but I'll bet Miguel would get it immediately.   (7+" (7+" I'm sure your vanity plate will be available. SNOTRKT  L@.