Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Howdy y’all from Arkansas  (Read 1762 times)

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
Howdy y’all from Arkansas
« on: October 08, 2021, 02:51:03 AM »
First post here. I’m madly in love with the cover pic.
I’m a carpenter. I rode motorcycles, shoot guns and a practicing wanna be black Smith.
I was invited here from a different forum . I’m looking forward to learning more getting to know fellow enthusiasts.
I just bought my first BP pistol. A pietta brass er 44. I know it’s not the real McCoy but I’ve already grown quite fond of it.
I’ll be hunting for a civil war Era rifle or  replica in the future but absolutely not in a hurry. I’ll also be dreaming of owning an original colt as well.
I’ve recently joined an SCV camp which brought on my desire to pursue this hobby.
I have much to learn.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Re: Howdy y’all from Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 04:59:49 AM »
Welcome from Colorado.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 05:09:19 AM »
I’m a carpenter. I rode motorcycles, shoot guns and a practicing wanna be black Smith.
I was invited here from a different forum . I’m looking forward to learning more getting to know fellow enthusiasts.
I just bought my first BP pistol. A pietta brass er 44. I know it’s not the real McCoy but I’ve already grown quite fond of it.
I’ll be hunting for a civil war Era rifle or  replica in the future but absolutely not in a hurry. I’ll also be dreaming of owning an original colt as well.
I’ve recently joined an SCV camp which brought on my desire to pursue this hobby.
I have much to learn.

ARHillbilly,
  Good morning sir!. WELCOME!!  :001_smile: So glad to see you over here. I followed your recent post on THR. I know the feeling about getting the first BP revolver. The thing is though, when I got my first,  I couldn't wait to get my next and next and next. It was like a domino effect. It just seems happen that way. LOL. The folks here at Colt Country are very nice and extremely knowledgeable and I'm sure you will feel right at home here. Welcome home my friend. Look forward to seeing your post's.  :-*
Tim

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 06:32:37 AM »
I have much to learn.

Welcome. Glad to have ya aboard.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 07:16:38 AM »
Welcome from Mississippi. There is a wealth of information here. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Everybody has to start somewhere.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 08:18:15 AM »
Welcome from Kommiefornia AR Hillbilly! Glad you're here!

We're not fussy about such things as brass or steel. We're just glad you're getting into black powder guns! As Tim stated, it will soon become an addiction for which there is no cure. So strap in!

Very different vibe here than most other forums. Very knowledgeable guys here, and all willing to help. I hope you enjoy it enough here to become one of the community. We look forward to hearing about your black powder journey.

By the way, WE LOVE PICTURES!! So post away, and enjoy it!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 08:54:00 AM »
Hello AR Hillbilly, welcome! You made a good choice. You'll find this a friendly place, lots of help given (if asked for), caring and thoroughly civilized guys (I'm the exception to the rule). Pictures are more or less mandatory!

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 11:40:21 AM »
Hi Hillbilly, welcome to the forum.  Ask questions, learn things and enjoy yourself.  Welcome.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 03:52:24 PM »
Welcome aboard, AR! Wonder who was that feller who asked you aboard...I'd like to shake his hand! :shake2: Oh wait...then I would have to put my beer down...nevermind!
Seriously, glad to see you here! Hope you will make it a permanent watering hole  #k( and by all means, feel free to ask as many questions as you like!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2021, 05:50:48 PM »
Captain is a talent spotter, AK.  He recognizes top potential.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 06:46:30 PM »
Captain is a talent spotter, AK.  He recognizes top potential.

Aw, shucks, G... :-[
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"