Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Walker Assembly  (Read 2695 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Walker Assembly
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2021, 08:28:04 AM »
Okay. Reassembling, or trying to. Is there a trick to getting the hand to slide back up in the cavity? I am not over forcing it. Wondering if somehow the spring must be depressed? It goes a little more than half way then balks. HELP!!!  (7+"

Hi Zulch, what you describe is not uncommon with many BP revolvers. Like other's have said, it could be a burr on the inside hand channel of the frame. Many times it is just the sharp edge of a new revolver hand binding in the channel. Trying to polish the hand channel is difficult to almost impossible.

I have found that by using a small screwdriver placed alongside the front of the hand face when inserting the hand in the channel that the hand will slide right up. The screwdriver compresses the spring and allows the hand to go into position. Give it a try.

(7& (7& (7&

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2021, 09:04:02 AM »
Okay. Reassembling, or trying to. Is there a trick to getting the hand to slide back up in the cavity? I am not over forcing it. Wondering if somehow the spring must be depressed? It goes a little more than half way then balks. HELP!!!  (7+"

Hi Zulch, what you describe is not uncommon with many BP revolvers. Like other's have said, it could be a burr on the inside hand channel of the frame. Many times it is just the sharp edge of a new revolver hand binding in the channel. Trying to polish the hand channel is difficult to almost impossible.

I have found that by using a small screwdriver placed alongside the front of the hand face when inserting the hand in the channel that the hand will slide right up. The screwdriver compresses the spring and allows the hand to go into position. Give it a try.

(7& (7& (7&

Regards,
Richard
Richard. Hey there. Thank you my friend😊 it’s funny, but I was wondering if depressing that spring a little with a jewelers screwdriver might work. I wil give that a try. I really appreciate the reply👍 Thanks , Tim

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2021, 01:28:16 PM »

(7& (7& (7&

Regards,
Richard

Well, I finally got back to the Walker. I must have held my mouth just right this time because I got the hand to slide right it in.  :-[

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2021, 07:51:13 PM »
I'll give you a hand......  (7&     lol
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2021, 04:00:39 AM »