Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Nice Sitka Blacktail down in SE Alaska...  (Read 851 times)

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
Nice Sitka Blacktail down in SE Alaska...
« on: November 06, 2021, 07:34:58 PM »

Killed a real nice Blacktail on Prince of Wales island in SE Alaska... cast 120g boolit straight through the neck at 40 yards ish... Really big chunk of a deer stepped out as i was quietly creeping up this old road up to my deer stand... I always make it a point to hunt in and hunt out, and this time a dandy came right to me...

i had been looking for this deer for several weeks sense he showed up on my trail cam in the grainy misty black night here in the rainforest. a HUGE blessing.. there is something about a huge mature deer walking in prepared for a fight. they come in all juiced and and stomping throwing their antlers around.. makes ya crap yer pants!!! LOL

that is the end of my season... nothing else will fit in out 4 freezers!!!!! its been a great year for hunting!

AG
Any technology not understood, can seem like magic. Bible Believer..

Offline Shootemup

• View Profile
Re: Nice Sitka Blacktail down in SE Alaska...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 07:58:48 PM »
Nice looking  buck

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 08:21:15 PM »
Fantastic buck Mark. Nice work!

Bet it feels good to have the freezer full for the winter!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 08:28:58 PM »
it does,, not like there is a store close, and the far away store at 100 miles of gas get 30 bucks for a steak... . i just stick to my hunting.. we have killed 7 so far...all young 2 year olds. we cut them up in roasts and such and vac pack or cann them in jars. we have been hoping to get one grinder, an old bruiser with lots of good meat. this guys was over 200lbs dressed. so he fit the bill perfectly for grinding and sausage...
Any technology not understood, can seem like magic. Bible Believer..