Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: FIE .44 navy  (Read 3065 times)

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: FIE .44 navy
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2021, 08:17:59 AM »
I believe his reference to a brass frame is the grip frame. I've seen a lot of people refer to it that way.

Be careful with these guns from long out of business companies like PR and FIE. If something breaks, you may never be able to get a replacement part.

Hey Dave and Hawg, Thanks. You guys are "Dependable Voices" from many years of experience!.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2021, 09:27:20 AM »
I believe his reference to a brass frame is the grip frame. I've seen a lot of people refer to it that way.

Be careful with these guns from long out of business companies like PR and FIE. If something breaks, you may never be able to get a replacement part.

True, FIE was an importer of cheap guns. Parts will be unobtanium. I have a PR .36 Remington and the internal parts are nothing like Pietta.

Yessir. I had an FIE imported 51 Navy. It was junk.

I have a brass .36 Remington made by PR. It doesn't look too bad but if you think Pietta springs are heavy. I don't know if the brass they used was softer than everybody else's but it's the one in the pic I keep posting with the battered recoil shield.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2021, 04:38:26 PM »
If it is a brasser, too high in my book. Proceed with caution. Look for signs of overcharging i.e. loose arbor, battered recoil shield, excess cylinder gap and end play.
If it's a steel frame, go nuts!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"