Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Colt pocket model  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
Colt pocket model
« on: February 28, 2022, 06:05:52 AM »
Browsing this afternoon I found this one for sale in the U.K.

https://mjlmilitaria.com/excellent-condition-colt-model-1849-pocket-percussion-revolver/

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Colt pocket model
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 06:18:40 AM »
necessaryevil, hey that's a nice one. You thinking about buying it? Hope things are going good for you. Good to see you. Thanks for the link. :-*

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 08:23:19 AM »
That looks like a nice one. Not a bad price either.

Is it just me, or does the trigger guard look different? It seems really rounded to me.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 08:43:52 AM »
necessaryevil, hey that's a nice one. You thinking about buying it? Hope things are going good for you. Good to see you. Thanks for the link. :-*

I did consider it, however I'm thinking the current situation in Europe more warrants me buying more 12g shotgun 10 round box magazines, lots of them 12g ammo and ammunition components.

Hopefully I'm just being a bit pessimistic, but hey, none of it will go to waste  )l_

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 08:47:18 AM »
That looks like a nice one. Not a bad price either.

Is it just me, or does the trigger guard look different? It seems really rounded to me.

I don't know about the trigger guard but all in all it looks like a real nice example.

I sent the link to a friend in England, he's buying some up originals because as in Sweden original antiques are sold and possessed licence free in Nanny state U.K.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 08:48:13 AM »
Wow...It's sad that we all have to worry so much about our surroundings but i guess that's just life. Things in general seem to be turbulent everywhere these days. Let's hope for a better tomorrow and pass us the bottle will ya?  :big_drink_2:

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 07:35:42 AM »
Dave,

Just had another look at that picture........Yes it DOES look very ROUND doesn't it ?

Not too difficult to do with some brass rod and a brazing torch. Maybe a previous owner had hands like shovels ?

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 07:37:51 AM »
Wow...It's sad that we all have to worry so much about our surroundings but i guess that's just life. Things in general seem to be turbulent everywhere these days. Let's hope for a better tomorrow and pass us the bottle will ya?  :big_drink_2:

Let's hope so Tim ?

I'm just ordering four 10 round mags for this bad boy here. They won't go to waste  :cool10: