Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Pietta 'Sheriff' Old West conversion  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Pietta 'Sheriff' Old West conversion
« on: March 17, 2022, 11:31:28 AM »
Somewhere along the line I forgot to post this up. My bad.
A while back a buddy of mine bought a Taylor's 6 shot conversion cylinder for his 1858, newer CAM/CAD (post-2002 production) gun. He let me borrow it to see if it would fit any of my Remington replicas.
Short answer...no. Except for one, my post '02 Pietta Sheriff model. It was a total drop-in on that gun, beautiful cylinder gap and flawless operation. Since it only fit one gun, it was my Huckleberry, and I ordered one up pronto. I chose the Taylor's due to it being a 6 shot. Welp, the one I ordered fit as good or better than my buddy's did. This thing is a ton of fun, and accurate to boot! So much fun, that I packed up the percussion cylinder and put it away! This one stays a cartridge gun!
I'm loading my own .45 Colt BP cartridges for it; Starline brass, 35gr of 3F black powder, and nicely topped off with a Hunter's Supply hard cast 250gr lead bullet loaded with RCBS 'Cowboy' dies. Accuracy and handling are remarkable. If you have ever considered a BPCR conversion, I can tell you this is the cheapest and easiest route to traverse; drop-in takes mere seconds on a Remington design revolver and is far easier than a gated conversion and involves absolutely zero work to make it function (note: only on newer CAM/CAD Piettas) and does not alter your original configuration whatsoever. Another 5 second swap and you are back to original configuration. I highly recommend it!

"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pietta 'Sheriff' Old West conversion
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 05:12:10 PM »
Great story Cap. Inspiring as well. Thanks Z

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
Re: Pietta 'Sheriff' Old West conversion
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 02:05:53 AM »
Nearest place I can get them cylinders is Switzerland, they want 600€ for them  :no_no: