Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: '58 vs '75...  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: '58 vs '75...
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2022, 05:23:23 AM »
WOW!!! those are nice Boomstick!! Gee whiz. I'll say you're a Remmy man. That's a great picture and thanks for posting. Looks like a buntline in the mix too. Tell me more about them? What's the story?  Z

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2022, 10:13:30 AM »
I think I'm a Remington fan myself...

BOOMSTICK BRUCE!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see you back around here!! You hanging around for a while this time?
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2022, 05:35:17 PM »
I would say so, Bruce...
Say, what rock you been hiding under? Good to see ya around!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2022, 08:08:46 PM »
Great to see you Bruce! We missed ya!
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• SASS #105711
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2022, 02:57:17 AM »
I've been stalking... Since I got into SASS, I've been pretty busy along with the new job and new toys... heres a little back story

in 1994 i bought a 68 400/4sp GTO ram air ii for $800. it was a rust bucket but she ran like a scalded ape. over the next 18 months or so i drove the wheels off that car, she went everywhere. now prior to my goat, i had other really cool cars. my first car was a 57 belair 2 door hardtop, 327/4spd. second was a 67 "duece" 350/350 with an offenhauser single four tunnel ram, next was my 68 riviera with the 430... ive also had a 68 convertible stingray 427/4pd, a 74 340 duster, 91 stealth twin turbo and others not so cool (my current daily driver is a 09 smart cabrio)

of all those cars, i miss the GTO the most. again i bought it in 94 and drove it for a year and a half give or take. the clutch went out and it got parked and i bought a brand new nissan truck because, according to my mother, i needed a "reliable" car. a few weeks later i was attacked in a bar parking lot by 6 guys, one of which worked me over with a base ball bat. put me in shock trauma icu for 9 weeks. when i got out there was a long road of rehab. in the meantime my 94 nissan PU was repossessed. my gto needed a clutch, one of my girlfriends busted out the windshield with a maglight when my other girlfriends visited me in the hospital  L@J and i managed to lose the keys to it. i cried the day i sold the car to buy something i could drive. since i only had $7.47 to my name after all the rehab was over, i couldnt fix the goat. to make matters worse i only got $500 for it and the guy that bought it parted it out and cut up the rest. i ended up buying a rusted out 68 f100 that would throw itself into reverse every time i would make a left hand turn it was so rusted out. i drove that POS for the next 18 months until i bought my 93 c1500 4.3 5spd short bed for $14,000 with $4500 down and a 24.9% interest rate. i always said one day i would buy another GTO when i had the extra money.

in the court trial for the guy with the bat, he was ordered to pay $16,612.20 in restitution. of that money, i saw $25....

until last september...

unbeknownst to me, MD parole and probation had been collecting the money for the last 25 years but since i had moved, they didnt know where to send it. last spring, my father got as letter from a lady at P&P asking if he was related to me or knew me and got in contact with me (we usually dont speak) I got in contact with a very nice lady at AACO P&P and last september, after 25 years, i got a check for the $16k...

so i went looking for a 68-69 gto...

and found this:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 03:04:16 AM by BOOMSTICK BRUCE »
l
l_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
  JEEP OWNER!

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2022, 08:23:45 AM »
That's one helluva story Bruce!!! Very glad you came out the other side and are still with us.

That GTO is mighty fine looking too!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• SASS #105711
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2022, 04:54:54 AM »
Thanks Dave. I've taken it to 3 car shows now. It get a lot of complements and offers to buy it... Sorry, not for sale!!!
l
l_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
  JEEP OWNER!

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• SASS #105711
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2022, 05:06:56 AM »
WOW!!! those are nice Boomstick!! Gee whiz. I'll say you're a Remmy man. That's a great picture and thanks for posting. Looks like a buntline in the mix too. Tell me more about them? What's the story?  Z

The PAIR of buntlines are ASM's. I traded about a dozen green glass insulators for the one at an antique shop near ocean city maryland and paid $200 for the other at a local gun shop. The 5.5" stainless pair are my main match revolvers for SASS/CAS. they are 2017 Ubertis i bought just to do Kirst gated conversions on. both are 45 colt. the pair of 7" stainless are both euroarms. I got them from a SASS member a few years back. one of the 7" guns is a uberti imported by Lyman and is known as a "lyman no warning" meaning it's one of very few that do not have the "black powder only" warning on it. one of the other 7" guns is a Uberti imported by Iver Johnson i traded a 5.5 uberti CCH frame for. one is one of the laser engraved piettas cabellas offered a few years ago that came with 2 cylinders. also in the photo are a consecutive ser# pair of "hartford's", one is just a plain old pietta. Since this pic was taken i have sold the two euroarms and the hartfords but i have added a 7" adjustable sights target model, a 7" i cut down to 2" and made a bayonet out of the loading lever and a nickeled 5.5" pietta.

all are .44 unless converted to 45colt... "anything worth putting a hole in is worth putting a BIG hole in"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 05:15:24 AM by BOOMSTICK BRUCE »
l
l_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
  JEEP OWNER!

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2022, 05:28:05 AM »

The PAIR of buntlines are ASM's. I traded about a dozen green glass insulators for the one at an antique shop near ocean city maryland and paid $200 for the other at a local gun shop. The 5.5" stainless pair are my main match revolvers for SASS/CAS. they are 2017 Ubertis i bought just to do Kirst gated conversions on. both are 45 colt. the pair of 7" stainless are both euroarms. I got them from a SASS member a few years back. one of the 7" guns is a uberti imported by Lyman and is known as a "lyman no warning" meaning it's one of very few that do not have the "black powder only" warning on it. one of the other 7" guns is a Uberti imported by Iver Johnson i traded a 5.5 uberti CCH frame for. one is one of the laser engraved piettas cabellas offered a few years ago that came with 2 cylinders. also in the photo are a consecutive ser# pair of "hartford's", one is just a plain old pietta. Since this pic was taken i have sold the two euroarms and the hartfords but i have added a 7" adjustable sights target model, a 7" i cut down to 2" and made a bayonet out of the loading lever and a nickeled 5.5" pietta.

all are .44 unless converted to 45colt... "anything worth putting a hole in is worth putting a BIG hole in"

Thanks BoomstickBruce, great story. I would love to see a pic or two of "lyman no warning" gun! Didn't realize they had anything out there in replica that were clean. Sounds like you got a great deal on the buntlines! I don't own a Buntline. You like those?
' Like to see the cut down 2" gun "made a bayonet out of the loading lever" that you referred too.  :usa-flag-89: Thanks for the post. Cool information. Z

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• SASS #105711
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2022, 10:54:44 PM »
I dont come by here much any more or shoot BP much anymore, send me a pm and i'll dust them off and get pics of the lyman...
l
l_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
  JEEP OWNER!