Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Bear Pix.  (Read 1808 times)

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
Bear Pix.
« on: May 30, 2022, 05:17:06 AM »
Well, I saw my Arch Nemisis, IE, the Staney creek bear.

This is the bear that thinks he owns my duck hunting area. I believe I have mentioned before that my duck hunting area is quite a hike down (about 5 miles round trip)  a long trail next to a decent sized creek. I have a Lund stashed there, along with my lock box of decoys and such.

2 years ago, he musta been hungry and followed me all the way from the marsh, over 2 miles keeping just out of effective shotgun range with my number 2 steel shot. I don’t know about you guys, but I am not inclined to wound a bear or trust my accuracy with my 44 mag edc at that range, so I just kept going and that stupid bear kept tailing me and my dog missy. Pretty eerie hearing him behind me all that way, glimpsing him when I turn around and wondering if his balls were big enough to make a move on me.

Well, here he is… this time, I think it was me stalking him, and I was able to get some footage of his fat azz….

He is flat out too big and old for me to even consider him for food. And considering that it’s just barely spring here, he is fat. I think he woke up fat from hibernation, And he will grow to monstrous proportions by fall feasting on salmon. I am debating on if I should kill him now, or just leave him be….

What say u?
Any technology not understood, can seem like magic. Bible Believer..

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bear Pix.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 05:40:15 AM »
Magnificent Bear There AG!! Nice video!!! I'm not in the wilderness so I would be inclined to just leave it be. How old do you suppose it is? Would it be good meat? I agree, it would be unnerving to have that hungry bear following me. Fascinating, thanks for sharing the video.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 06:51:54 AM »
Hi AG, nice video!

IMO leave him be and use your drones to continue getting videos of him. Maybe you can capture him on video mating?

I recently purchased the DJI Mavic 3 that has a zoom camera. I have been watching wildlife from 200' up and using the zoom so as to not disturb the critters. The Mavic 3 also has a long flight time that is useful watching wildlife.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Navy Six

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 09:11:21 AM »
Now that this bear is famous, can you film him again when he gets bigger? Might be interesting--at least for me sitting here typing this a thousand miles away and not having to deal with him! Happy Memorial Day!!
Only Blackpowder is interesting.
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun". Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 09:46:32 AM »
Thanks AG. Awesome footage!

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 03:04:43 PM »
Magnificent Bear There AG!! Nice video!!! I'm not in the wilderness so I would be inclined to just leave it be. How old do you suppose it is? Would it be good meat? I agree, it would be unnerving to have that hungry bear following me. Fascinating, thanks for sharing the video.

I figure that bear is 6-7 years old…

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 03:06:51 PM »
Hi AG, nice video!

IMO leave him be and use your drones to continue getting videos of him. Maybe you can capture him on video mating?

I recently purchased the DJI Mavic 3 that has a zoom camera. I have been watching wildlife from 200' up and using the zoom so as to not disturb the critters. The Mavic 3 also has a long flight time that is useful watching wildlife.

Regards,
Richard

I do have some footage of him along the river somewhere taken by my pro… but the white balance was in manual mode on a cloudy so the video started to white out…