Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Welcome to Shop Series!  (Read 725 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Welcome to Shop Series!
« on: June 17, 2022, 09:04:57 AM »
Welcome to the new "Shop Series" thread, where those who tune their revolvers for a living, for competition, or their own satisfaction are free to submit posts and pictures of "how it's done".
One thing I've noticed is that many members to the forum have tons of questions regarding how to make their out-of-the-box gun better. Hopefully these articles will address those issues. Our own 'Goon', Mike Brackett, has agreed to share some of his methods and ideas here, hence the 'Shop Series' name, but if you have ideas and techniques that have worked well for you, please don't hesitate!
We would like to keep this more of an educational-type thread rather than a Q&A thing to keep on track, however, if you have questions or suggestions that need addressing you can either put them in the Gunsmithing thread above this one or PM the submitter in question. However, if your question involves a photo or technique described that requires clarification, by all means post it. For ease of navigation, I would like to created individual topics (example; short arbor, mainspring rework, etc) so people looking for info on a particular topic won't have to scroll through dozens of posts looking for that particular topic.
Based on the interest generated on other forums, and the now-famous Pettifogger tuning articles, this should be a really popular thread!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 09:18:02 AM by Captainkirk »
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Shop Series!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 09:23:57 AM »
I agree. This thread will be a good one. Looking forward to reading more.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Shop Series!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 10:11:01 AM »
This will be a very nice addition to Colt Country! I'm excited to see what the experts will post. I look forward to learning.