Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: paper cartridges pics  (Read 2399 times)

Offline rem44

• View Profile
paper cartridges pics
« on: March 02, 2023, 05:52:47 AM »
I know you bunch like pictures here ya go. Ready for the shoot out/ In front at right are paper tubes (cigarette papers) all glued to .454 balls with powder tube fff black. . Behind Rem44 are paper tube/balls loaded. At back are the tubes twisted with a dab of glue stick on paper. That way they don't undo in box  on range. This is my work station with a tv in front. Watch a movie (western of course) roll. glue load em up. It may seem like fiddly work but think of all the steps the brass re loaders go through with caps and polish brass and weighing powder same thing. Cartridges for the olod .44. Have a good day guys , oh I cut the ends off at the range instead of biting them off like the old days.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
Re: paper cartridges pics
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 06:31:43 AM »
That'll keep you busy for a while when you get to the range. (7&

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 06:32:11 AM »
Reloading brass doesn't bother me but I find paper cartridges too tedious. Paper revolver cartridges were loaded whole not bitten or tore off. Just sayin.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Navy Six

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 08:32:37 AM »
You pretty much describe my routine for making paper cartridges even though I make them differently. I actually enjoy the process although after about an hour I stop. I find them most convenient for many reasons to use at a Cowboy Shooting match.
Only Blackpowder is interesting.
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun". Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 08:43:19 AM »
Count me in the paper cartridge crowd. I prefer to take a box of cartridges to the range if I can, instead of dragging all the stuff separate. Load, cap, shoot. Makes life simpler.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 09:38:23 AM »
Count me in the paper cartridge crowd. I prefer to take a box of cartridges to the range if I can, instead of dragging all the stuff separate. Load, cap, shoot. Makes life simpler.

I just pull my pickup behind the house or across the road to the hayfield and load sitting on the tailgate.  :cowboypistol:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 09:48:25 AM »
Now that's a real tailgate party!

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2023, 03:54:37 PM »

I just pull my pickup behind the house or across the road to the hayfield and load sitting on the tailgate.  :cowboypistol:

If I could do that Hawg, I wouldn't bother with paper cartridges either. That's the ideal situation.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln