Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: ssb73q Thank you Richard  (Read 1277 times)

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
ssb73q Thank you Richard
« on: August 16, 2023, 08:53:45 PM »
Thank you to Richard (ssb73q).   
I sold a LeMat pistol to Richard several years ago at a reasonable price.    Not cheap by any means but a fair price.     When Richard mentioned selling some of his collection a while ago I offered to buy back the LeMat pistol from him.    He politely declined and several months, maybe a year had gone by when Richard let me know he was ready to sell the LeMat.    I had regretted selling the revolver but needed cash at the time.   I was glad to hear I had a chance to buy it back.   
The reason for this post is to thank Richard,   not only for giving me first opportunity to buy the revolver but also for selling it back to me for the original price I sold to him for.   In addition he made several improvements and included the holster, a bunch of spare parts and a gun rug to protect it during shipping.    It would have been easy for Richard to have asked double the money for the LeMat and the extras and he would have easily gotten it.    I can't express how much I appreciate the fact he just wanted to be fair.    I would not have been able to buy it back had Richard expected to make a profit.   I don't think making money on the deal even crossed hs mind.

Thanks again Richard,  I'm going be shooting the Lemat again in a few days I hope.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
Re: ssb73q Thank you Richard
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 09:21:16 PM »
That's really great, Mike. Glad to hear you got it back and Richard treated you so well.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 02:08:05 AM »
A lot of good people here. :cowboypistol:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 02:29:31 AM »
A lot of good people here. :cowboypistol:
+1
Sunshine story

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 07:32:30 AM »
Yap, and that's a good looking setup!!!!
Glad it's back home!!! ( I'm sure it was well taken care of!!)

Mike

Offline Navy Six

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2023, 09:23:50 AM »
I always considered it an obligation to offer a gun back to the friend I bought it from if I later decided to sell it. I lost a friendship over a Colt SAA Buntline that a friend pestered me until I sold it to him.
Anyway Mike, I hope you enjoy your "old friend" back in the family.
Only Blackpowder is interesting.
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun". Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2023, 01:50:40 PM »
Richard (ssb73q) is quite the gentleman. Last year when I read that he was considering selling some of his guns, I inquired if he would be interested in selling his Yank Snubnose that I had seen pics of here on the forum. Not only did he sell it to me for a price barely above what one from a retailer would cost, he included a custom made longer .22 barrel insert and one of mike116's custom made holsters with it. Plus he had done some action work on it too!

I was very pleased with the transaction and and I put a Kirst .22 conversion cylinder that I already had on it when it arrived. Richard is definitely one of the good guys!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 05:03:44 PM by Bishop Creek »
My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2023, 07:58:03 PM »
Indeed, Richard is one of the "good guys"! He should wear a white hat accordingly!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2023, 04:00:38 AM »
Hi Guys, thanks for the kind words and I am very happy that you are happy. I have always believed that what goes around comes around. I still intend to have my son-in-law keep most of my gun collection. All my handguns are on my NYS pistol permit that adds to the complexity of transferring a handgun. However, if there is something of interest I have, let me know.

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!