Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Found !  (Read 951 times)

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
Found !
« on: September 04, 2023, 04:44:32 AM »
Herself and I were doing an inventory of the firearms to bring it up to date. Pulling out firearms, noting make, model and serial and taking an image. We found a few I had forgotten, including this one!

I cut this one a couple decades back for reasons long forgotten.  I used a Sawzall to chop the barrel and grit paper to clean up the muzzle. I must have liked it as I made a set of elk grips for it.  Have not seen this one in years!

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Navy Six

• View Profile
Re: Found !
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 12:45:04 PM »
Kind of funny when you can't remember why you thought the modifications were a good idea at the time! When you are involved in this for a long period of time you lose track but at least you found the gun!
Only Blackpowder is interesting.
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun". Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 06:50:36 PM »
I have been selling off a lot of my firearms and will continue to do so.  We inventoried about 200 black powder firearms. I am 68 years old.  Time for some of them to move along to new owners.

Kevin

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 08:21:26 PM »
My stepson will get all of mine. I've only got 50 or 60 guns altogether and only about 10-12 are black powder. Maybe they will spark an interest in him. The only black powder gun he has is an inline and the only reason he has it is for hunting.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 03:50:46 AM »
I envy those who have someone to inherit things.  It must make it easier.  Of course, selling them does make things like porch roofs possible.  I will maintain my collection of 45ACP revolvers and add to it.  But I recognize they will go at some point also.

Kevin

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 06:11:44 AM »
Looks like you could add a short barreled '60 Army to your "45acp" stash!!    :cowboypistol:

Mike