Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Alcan Caps  (Read 908 times)

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
Alcan Caps
« on: January 20, 2024, 10:55:02 AM »
Digging around in my old black powder box and found this full cap tin. Alcan caps, made in Italy I believe by Giulio Fiocchi. I recall these and Navy Arms caps where all I could find when I first starting shooting black powder in 1969. Anyone remember these?

My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Alcan Caps
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 02:12:53 PM »
I seem to remember then from a DGW catalog in the early 70's. All I could get locally in the late 60's and early 70's were Remington and RWS. I don't even remember CCI being sold locally but they may have been. All I bought were Remington because I liked the label.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 02:49:05 PM »
I have a small collection of cap tins but I don't have one of these.  I don't recall ever seeing them before.    I'll have to keep an eye out now.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 05:21:12 PM »
I've not seen those. First caps I ever bought were in the early '80s and were CVA brand. After the first batch I switched to RWS and later Remington
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"