Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Turnbull  (Read 685 times)

Offline Dave Shooter

• View Profile
Turnbull
« on: March 01, 2024, 09:17:00 AM »
I've never ordered anything from Turnbull, but they sure do have some nice stuff.

https://www.turnbullrestoration.com/product-tag/pre-owned-revolvers/?mc_cid=5024d5d7a8&mc_eid=ba2dd5542d
Happily Retired USAF ossifer
Engineer?
Shooter of questionable skill...
Unabashed patriot!

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
Re: Turnbull
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 10:14:04 AM »
A friend of mine had a 2nd gen Colt blow up on him. Took out the top of the cylinder and blew off the top strap. Turnbull re-did it. He could have had it done to look brand new but chose to have it aged to look like it did before the incident. You couldn't tell it had been repaired. You get what you pay for. One of these days I'd like to have them do something over. Their work is like art.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 04:22:55 PM »
Beautiful works, but...yikes! I'd be afraid to shoot some of those investments!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Navy Six

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 09:56:50 AM »
I don't want this to come across as a complaint, but anyway here goes. About 20 years ago I needed a backstrap/trigger guard on a early 3rd generation Colt SAA re-blued. I sent it to Colt and it came back a plum color. Someone locally tried and it was again plum color. Decided to send it to Turnbull and it came back plum color again. I called Turnbull and was told there was something about the alloy used in the early 3rd gen Colts. You would figure Colt themselves would know what to do. Anyway I asked another local gunsmith (Dewey Vicknair) to rust blue it and it finally was satisfactory. Lost touch with Mr. Vicknair and hope he still in business as this gentleman does absolutely beautiful work.
Only Blackpowder is interesting.
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun". Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton