Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Unique Remington  (Read 6181 times)

Offline gasmandave

• View Profile
Unique Remington
« on: March 18, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
Anyone seen one of these? Date code says it's a 2000. Fluted cylinder. Pietta, but if I put the cylinder into my other Pietta Remmie it doesn't index right...not even close.
What do you think the value would be. I've Googled it and Binged it and can't find anything on it.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Re: Unique Remington
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:39:55 AM »
They're kinda rare; but not really unique.  Cabellas sold them.  I had a couple of them that I put conversion cylinders in.  Sold them to someone that wanted them worse than I did.  I've never really been a fan of Remingtons (as most people know).  IMNSHO, the white grips and fluted cylinder would add $25.00 to the price of a used plain Jane Remmington.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline gasmandave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 04:34:35 AM »
So even if you are not partial to Remmies, this one being fairly rare. Do you think its worth in the area of $400-$450?

Offline jaxenro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 08:22:31 AM »
Looks nice a little better than the run of the mill one
Check out my website www.percussionrevolvers.com

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 09:47:36 AM »
So even if you are not partial to Remmies, this one being fairly rare. Do you think its worth in the area of $400-$450?

I wouldn't pay that much, even if I liked Remingtons.  It has obviously been used and has a nice turn line.  At even 98% condition, $300 to $350 sounds more reasonable.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline gasmandave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 05:03:57 PM »
Fingers,
   I was told it was un fired. I was skeptical so I pulled the nipples off, and the grips and I would have to say that it's true. I guess the turn line ours from being handle/fondled allot.

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 09:55:31 AM »
Fingers,
   I was told it was un fired. I was skeptical so I pulled the nipples off, and the grips and I would have to say that it's true. I guess the turn line ours from being handle/fondled allot.

Whether fired or handle/fondled a lot, it's used.  I have a pair of 1861 Navies that I've been shooting for going on 7 years that have smaller/fainter turn lines that this one does.  $300- $350 is all I'd go - if that.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »
Being a Remmy fan meownself, I tend to agree with Fingers on value. Adding a fluted cylinder and faux ivories probably adds $100.00 new value to a standard Remmy.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline brazosdave

• Redneck Mower Jockey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 04:28:19 AM »
dude, you could buy a brand new out of the box engraved Remmy from Cabelas from between $300 (what I paid) and top end $400.  Don't spend that on a beat up one, even if it has a pretty cool cylinder and some fancy grips on it. k*&
"I don't gotta kill a man, I just gotta make him sit down"

Offline gasmandave

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »
Brazosdave...Dude, I already own it. paid...well let's just say I got a pretty good deal/  )k*  ;)