Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Leech and Rigdon Sheriff's model  (Read 12373 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Leech and Rigdon Sheriff's model
« on: December 11, 2011, 04:52:38 PM »
A couple Piettas I recently acquired.  Foreground is Leech and Rigdon Sheriff's model.  Background is Schneider and Glassick.  Both needed some work, especially in wedge fitment.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Leech and Rigdon Sheriff's model
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 06:18:40 PM »
You dog, you!
Where do you find these treasures?
I really like that shorty!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 09:03:41 PM »
They're frankenguns.  They started as an 1851 Navy and the short barreled G&G I picked up a few months ago.  Just swapped the barrels & cylinders.  Now I have a pair of semi-authentic period pieces.  I say semi, cause the Pietta grip frame & grips are not the proper shape for either one, and the S&G has a roll engraved cylinder.  That will be replaced as soon as I find a blank one.  I had posted on a couple forums that I had a lead on another of the short barreled G&Gs if anyone was interested.  Delbert got the info; but I don;t know if he got it or not.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 10:18:30 PM »
You could try polishing off the engraving, hopefully it won't make the bolt slots too shallow.