Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Centaur 1860 on GB  (Read 3787 times)

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Centaur 1860 on GB
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:19:03 PM »
A buddy told me about this auction, but if have exhausted the gun budget for several years to come. Have a look:

Centennial 1960 New Model Army 44 Caliber Revolver
      Centaur Belgium Made With Holster No Reserve
  Auction # 436301589

Current Bid      $372.52    No Reserve!           Started at     $0.01

Quantity     1       # of bids     7   Bid History
Time left     1 Days, 1 Hours +   
15 minute rule        Location     Crossville, TN 38555-4181
Start     8/19/2014 7:52:00 PM ET  (This is a 7 day auction)         
Ends On or After     8/26/2014 7:52:00 PM ET  (GunBroker.com Official Time)      

Seller     
Tabors Pawn Shop  A+(160)   
View the feedback of this seller |  View seller's other auctions |  Add seller to Favorite Sellers List |
Ask seller a question
High bidder    alton1882  NR
  Add this listing to your watch list
 Mail this listing to a friend
  Add this listing to my calendar
More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on google Share on twitter
Payment Methods      Visa / MasterCard, American Express, Discover, USPS Money Order, See Item Description
Sales Tax      Seller must collect sales tax from the following states: TN 9.75%
Shipping     
Priority Mail:   $15.00               
No international shipments.
See Item Description.
Inspection Period / Return Policy      Three Days from the date the item is received
Item Condition      Used
Requires FFL?      No
Seller Tools      Use our Tools for Sellers page to modify this listing, add to the description, close this auction, relist this item, submit feedback, and otherwise manage your listings.
Useful links: End this Auction  |  Problem with a Buyer?  |  Non Paying Bidder Report
The seller of this item assumes all responsibility for this listing. You must contact the seller to resolve any questions or concerns before placing a bid. Payment must be made using U.S. dollars ($) unless otherwise stated in the listing. Firearms may only be shipped to a licensed dealer (FFL Holder). Some listed items may not be legal in every state. Click here for details on how to complete your purchase within the law.

Description for Item # 436301589       

Hello there and thanks for looking at our NO RESERVE auction. You are bidding on a Centennial 1960 New Model Army 44 Caliber Blackpowder Revolver. The gun is commonly referred to as Centaur.
This case color hardened beauty was made in Belgium and features an eight inch barrel. The serial number is 3574 and matches. The gun appears to be in functioning condition.

There are some "dummy marks" around the take down pin on each side and the backstrap is worn. Overall, the gun would rate at about 85%. The grips are in good condition. The holster is left handed and has a flap that covers the gun.

The lucky winning bidder to pay $15.00 for USPS Priority Mail Shipping with Signature Confirmation REQUIRED. This is not a modern firearm so it could be shipped directly to the winning bidder provided he or she is over 18 years old, and not otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm.

Local pickup of our auctions on Gunbroker are welcomed. However, keep in mind that Tennessee Sales tax will be added to the final bid price. Shipping charges are for any location in the Continental United States. We accept Certifiable Cashier’s Checks, Postal Money Orders and Credit Cards as methods of payment. We accept most Major Credit Cards for no additional fee. If you have any doubt that you won’t be able to pay for this auction within 10 days of the auction’s end, please don’t bid. Please know your local laws before bidding on a firearm. All used guns should be inspected by a competent gunsmith prior to use. If you have any questions , concerns or comments please contact us prior to bidding. We may be reached during regular business hours at (931) 456-8767 or via e-mail at gunsales@taborspawnshop.com Good luck and Happy bidding!

Pictures for Item # 436301589       
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Centaur 1860 on GB
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »
Wow! Great price (so far) for a Centaur. Most of them go nuts in the last hour. I'm tapped out, having just bought a new recurve bow....
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Re: Centaur 1860 on GB
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 06:48:12 PM »
I always look really hard at the Centaurs when they come up for sale but just can't justify the price they bring.  I'm sure they are worth what they go for but I probably am not enough of a pistolero to appreciate one.