Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Howdy From Colorado  (Read 7069 times)

Offline Ike Kant

• View Profile
Howdy From Colorado
« on: January 11, 2015, 07:31:16 PM »
My wife and I shot CAS for seven years using BP almost exclusively. Great fun but I had to stop shooting percussion revolvers one-handed due to arthritis in my thumbs.  We now own six Uberti percussion revolvers and six Colt SAA clones plus several lever guns and double-barrels.  I have owned and sold around thirty other c&b guns over the last sixteen years.  I regret selling almost every one of them especially the 2nd and 3rd gen Colts.  I sold them in 2006 because I thought I would need the money to purchase a classic MGB.  I still have the MG.  I love working on the guns as well as working up loads and shooting them.  Cleaning them... well not so much.

Best,
Ike
"We should come home from afar, from adventures and perils and discoveries every day, with new experiences and character." - Henry David Thoreau

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Re: Howdy From Colorado
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 08:08:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ike.   I live on the northern outreaches of Denver.  Where are you?   Colorado is a big state.  We could be neighbors or we could be along ways apart.

Offline Ike Kant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 09:41:51 PM »
Mike:

Deb and I live in the foothills above Lyons.  'Looked at your website. Your leather work is superb.

What is the Karma thing all about?  I'm afraid I clicked on the "Good Karma" text in your message.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:56:19 PM by Ike Kant »
"We should come home from afar, from adventures and perils and discoveries every day, with new experiences and character." - Henry David Thoreau

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 04:46:19 AM »
Ike,
You're not far from me at all.  I get up that direction once in a while.  The Karma button is for when you're happy with,  or not happy with someone's attitude or opinion on something.   Most of us pay little or no attention to it.    I gave you some good Karma just because you live in Colorado.
My website is way out of date but thanks for looking.    I have a lot of new stuff to put on there but have had trouble posting it up.  I'll get it updated soon.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:34:00 PM by mike116 »

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 06:59:51 AM »
Welcome to the joint!

Offline Ike Kant

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 10:19:21 AM »
Thanks Electric Miner. 

Mike let me know when you're up here next.  We'll have a coffee at the Barking Dog or the Stone Cup.  I just read your profile on the moderator forum.  Oh man you are the very definition of eclectic!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:41:12 AM by Ike Kant »

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 11:00:54 AM »
Welcome, Ike! Glad to have you with us! Pull up a stump and join us at the fire; coffee's always hot and the bullshit meter is usually pegged.... L@J
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 12:14:56 PM »
Howdy Ike, and welcome to the forum.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Ike Kant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 05:51:03 PM »
Thanks all.  I have already spent hours reading this forum.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 06:11:56 PM »
Thanks all.  I have already spent hours reading this forum.
Just for saying that, I'm givin' you more karma... (7&
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 08:49:27 PM »

Mike let me know when you're up here next.  We'll have a coffee at the Barking Dog or the Stone Cup.  I just read your profile on the moderator forum.  Oh man you are the very definition of eclectic!

I'll let you know when I'm in the area.  I know where the Barking Dog is but never stopped in there.    If you ever come down to Cabelas on I-25 North of Denver warn me first and we can meet up somewhere.  I'm just South of there.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 08:50:53 AM »
Howdy Ike, and welcome from Wisconsin!

Offline Ike Kant

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 09:32:25 AM »
Thanks again all.  I feel welcome and humbled by all of the many years of experience and ownership of these marvelous firearms that you folks have.  I don't know that I can contribute but I'll sure try not to get in the way.

Mike: roger wilco
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:55:09 AM by Ike Kant »