Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 352850 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #855 on: March 15, 2020, 09:31:55 AM »
Thanks y'all.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 15, 2020, 10:04:54 AM »
Hawg, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 15, 2020, 06:00:39 PM »
Drove to Phoenix with a load of El Camino parts. Engine is almost in, just a little tweaking on the mounts. Vintage Air going in.....new steering column......New gauge setup.....I'm just glad I've got people smarter than me to get this thing all wired up!
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 15, 2020, 09:32:15 PM »
Drove to Phoenix with a load of El Camino parts. Engine is almost in, just a little tweaking on the mounts. Vintage Air going in.....new steering column......New gauge setup.....I'm just glad I've got people smarter than me to get this thing all wired up!

Are you putting an LS in it?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 15, 2020, 10:01:38 PM »

Are you putting an LS in it?

Indeed I am.....a small one, 4.8.....but will still be around 350 hp which is plenty for my needs.
-Mick

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 16, 2020, 12:58:31 PM »
Kids are home for a month, due to the COVID-19 panic. So the first day of "homeschool" started today. It's going to be a long month.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Rebel Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 16, 2020, 01:22:17 PM »
Im contemplating going to Wallmart or Picknsave to see if I can get some supplies. I don't know how their inventory is tho. At my age (76) prospects are not good to ward off contagions. Me and the wife are all right now, but will need things soon.

Otherwise, I have lots of ammo if things get nasty.You never know, could turn into a Zombie appocolipse.
Any one else getting ready to hunker down,???.

Dave
Rebel Dave

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 16, 2020, 01:29:02 PM »
Hawg: good luck to you my friend! All: yes, we are hunkered down. Everything seems to be closed/shut down. Still working on clearing the piles of "stuff" off my smallest work bench, almost done. Then on to the next one.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 16, 2020, 06:18:40 PM »
Thanks. I go in at 8:30 in the morning as an out patient. I'll be glad to get it over with. We went to the Dollar Store earlier. They still had a few four roll packs of tp and plenty of paper towels. I did see one guy with six cases of bottled water. It's insane.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 06:21:32 PM by Hawg »

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 16, 2020, 06:39:38 PM »
Kids are home for a month, due to the COVID-19 panic. So the first day of "homeschool" started today. It's going to be a long month.

Not to down you, but this is going to be the new normal for quite some time. Everyone had better get used to it, whether you like it or not, nor whether you agree about steps being taken to combat it. Everyone's 401k/403b is going to take quite a beating until the panic is over. I have the luxury of having our 403b accounts not affiliated with stocks, and it has been that way since we got out of stocks when the market took a semi-major crash in 2002, and we went to fixed interest accounts since then. Yeah, we did not make any big bucks, but what we have won't be influenced by the stock market.

We are lucky because we have no kids/grandkids living with us so as not to have to cope with this situation. We also don't allow them to visit us at this time. That may sound harsh, but their mindsets were that this whole thing is overblown. They are now changing their tune a bit.

We/they shall see. We are erring on the side of caution here and the situation seems to change by the hour.

You folks take care in all ways.

Regards,

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 21, 2020, 03:03:32 PM »
Ordered 4 more pounds of New Mexico Pinon coffee. Two more nights to work. Then I'll have four days off to work on the pond and train layout.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 23, 2020, 06:22:35 PM »
Went down the hill to my late-buddy's house. His widow asked us if we'd pick up most of his guns, except for a few she keeps for self-defense and store them at our house. Her dirt-bag druggie brother just got out on parole. He's supposed to stay in NY, but she's afraid he'll show up at her place looking for my buddy's guns to steal. We loaded the car down and brought it all here. I also took possession of my buddy's pre-ban AK.  With it came all the ammo and accessories with it, which included a large pile of loaded mags, including a vintage 100-rd drum. There are 5 ammo cans packed full of 7.62x39 ammo, and some 20-rd boxes of ammo. I have to inventory it all. I tried to give her more money, she wouldn't take it.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 24, 2020, 01:23:58 AM »
Just watching the bank account drain with the El Camino Corona project. Got the body mounts all repaired and body remounted on the frame, engine finally in the proper location, hydro-boost set up to plumb in, Vintage Air mounted. Waiting on the new Painless wiring harnesses....and have another pile of new body parts to bring to the shop.

Still hunting for the right seats..... Cadillac CTS-V seats look pretty good and priced right, but can't seem to find anything locally yet. Testing out 3 different gas pedal assemblies. Figuring out a drive by wire set up is all new to me. Thank the Lord for people smarter than me!

-Mick

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 24, 2020, 09:01:20 AM »
The El Camino is looking great! What color have you picked out for it?
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 24, 2020, 09:23:55 AM »
Pink digital camo?