Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 344525 times)

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #570 on: April 15, 2018, 04:45:08 PM »
Harvested our first stalk of asparagus from the asparagus bed this afternoon. I swear it wasn't there this morning...

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 15, 2018, 05:56:22 PM »
Not to busy of a day, Went to church and when I got home put the fifth wheel hitch in our new truck. Fooled around with some guns and restacked lead ingots, then sat on the front porch with a hot apple cider and watched to birds and people.

Finished dinner, played the piano a bit and now going to spend the evening in a good gun book
I Love the Smell of Burning Black in the Morning

Flinters are awesome!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 15, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »
Not to busy of a day, Went to church and when I got home put the fifth wheel hitch in our new truck. Fooled around with some guns and restacked lead ingots, then sat on the front porch with a hot apple cider and watched to birds and people.

Finished dinner, played the piano a bit and now going to spend the evening in a good gun book

"Mom, I want to go over to Terry's house and play". L@J
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 02, 2018, 08:19:23 PM »
$1700 lighter (and that's after everything that was covered or discounted by the warranty). Needed one kitchen faucet, a shower valve for the m-i-l's bath (which required opening a hole in the living room wall) and a new gas water heater. Of course, we did go top of the line with everything.

Offline valforgettaboutit

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 04, 2018, 10:20:15 AM »
I'm looking forward to a weekend of detailing the car, getting it ready to trade in once I finally decide on what I want.

Activities been a little light around these parts lately, hope everyone is doing fine.

Offline sltm1

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 04, 2018, 10:41:23 AM »
Nutin' yet, but yesterday I took my old 79 Harley out for a ride after tweakin' on him all winter...still more to go, but I got there and back safely!!!! Yer never too old to act young !!

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 11, 2018, 08:16:09 PM »
Gotta love young women who wear short skirts on really windy days.

Where'd I park my Jeep - WHOA! HELLO!

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 11, 2018, 11:25:36 PM »
Nutin' yet, but yesterday I took my old 79 Harley out for a ride after tweakin' on him all winter...still more to go, but I got there and back safely!!!! Yer never too old to act young !!

Gotta love a project coming together! ...and that's a great project!

I spent most of my day either on a plane, or waiting for a plane. Next week too......hoping to stay clear of airports the week after next!  (7&
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Pustic

• KM4JZJ Extra Class / WRPR990 GMRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 12, 2018, 05:05:32 PM »
I did very little today, but just enough to say I did something. I did work a few stations on the 20 and 40 meter bands, and I'll try to work a few more before the day is over.  :)
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #579 on: June 10, 2018, 07:24:05 PM »
Spent last week in New Mexico with my son and his family.   I thought I would get lots of shooting in over 6 days.   Not so... I fired a total of 15 rounds.  I expected to shoot 1000 rounds or more.   The ranch had a record setting dry winter and spring.  No measurable moisture since February.    A stage 3 fire ban is in effect which prohibits target shooting.   The ban doesn't include private land but I'm not willing to take the risk, especially with black powder guns.   There is nowhere to shoot without standing among the dried vegetation.   I was disappointed to say the least.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 11, 2018, 06:32:03 AM »
Spent last week in New Mexico with my son and his family.   I thought I would get lots of shooting in over 6 days.   Not so... I fired a total of 15 rounds.  I expected to shoot 1000 rounds or more.   The ranch had a record setting dry winter and spring.  No measurable moisture since February.    A stage 3 fire ban is in effect which prohibits target shooting.   The ban doesn't include private land but I'm not willing to take the risk, especially with black powder guns.   There is nowhere to shoot without standing among the dried vegetation.   I was disappointed to say the least.

Yeah all the trails are closed around here, even for hiking, let alone shooting.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 16, 2018, 12:10:02 PM »
Rain the past 2 days in Southern Arizona..... really made things nice. Went from over 100 to around 70.
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 18, 2018, 05:58:36 PM »
And is on the way back up.

Just ordered some new plants for the pond.

Hornwort - Ceratophyllum Demersum, which is supposed to oxygenate the water, as well as helping to deal with algae.

Dwarf Bulrush - Typha minima

Royal Pickerel Rush - pontederia Dilatata

They should arrive by Thursday.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 21, 2018, 05:01:21 PM »
Had the best day in a long time. Despite the fact that I had to spend the day in Phoenix heat and traffic. Talked to someone who knows my ex and her current husband (the guy she was cheating on me with.) Apparently, she quit working and sits around eating. She is, according to them, roughly the size of a killer whale. And her husband - the guy she was cheating on me with - is taking hormones so he can become a woman.

Offline sltm1

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 22, 2018, 08:23:38 AM »
EM, ain't it cool when you actually get to see karma work ?!