Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 344572 times)

Offline valforgettaboutit

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1035 on: June 19, 2020, 03:23:44 PM »
Been too long since posting or reading. Crazy times at work and at home with corona tension but as things ease down, finally able to read and catch up. Hope all are well! Now that things are open looking to pick up another rifle and hit the outdoor ranges.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 19, 2020, 06:54:44 PM »
I guess we are lucky in that things haven't changed much for us in this quarantine phase of our lives. We do pretty much as we normally do, except that we don't go away from home except for essential shopping.  We got rid of our large above ground pool to a young family. I didn't have to do a thing except to guide them a bit on the take-down and set-up of the pool. Today the deck was sold and removed, the pool area filled with dirt, seeded and covered with straw. And I didn't have to do anything! I was worried about having to take the pool down, sell it, take the deck down, etc. and it all worked out!

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 22, 2020, 05:05:07 PM »
Touring Texas this week. Gun show in Dallas was kind of disappointing. Picked up 12 pistols, mostly small caliber stuff.

Met another cigar store owner in Rockwall, TX....smoked several very nice sticks in his garage, which also holds a Bat Mobile replica and several Evel Kneivel bike replicas.

Drove through Dealy Plaza for obvious reasons, that was surreal .....now sitting in Fredricksburg, TX. Met the Cimarron guys at their retail outlet "Texas Jacks"this morning. Hoping to get a tour of the manufacturing plant tomorrow morning (they are closed Monday's).

Will spend a couple nights in San Antonio, then back to Fort Worth for another gun show this coming weekend.

Enjoying the hell outta the people in Texas. Lots of history.....  Not paying any attention to any quarantine BS at all this week. It's rather nice.
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 25, 2020, 06:28:45 AM »
Going down the mountain today to pick up some bullet molds to ship and deliver groceries to my buddy's wife.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 25, 2020, 03:06:30 PM »
Good to see you are selling some molds. I would have been interested but I already have the ones I need.

Offline Dellbert

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 26, 2020, 08:54:30 PM »
Just getting back on line after about a month. Something got a hold of my other lap top and crashed the heck out of it. Sure hope this one will last.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 27, 2020, 07:39:07 AM »
Good to "see" you again Del!

Offline Pustic

• KM4JZJ Extra Class / WRPR990 GMRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 28, 2020, 04:09:10 PM »
Just got done working field day on the ham radio. It was fun, but I'm glad it's over until next year.   &\?
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 30, 2020, 08:56:31 AM »
A couple pictures of my visit to Texas Jack's / Cimarron Firearms in Fredericksburg, TX.

Had a great time and we spent a ton of money there. Mostly pistols for the store, but we did manage to pick up some great pieces of western period clothing as well. Great store and operation and well worth the visit.

Here's Greg showing off some hand engraved pieces. We liked them so much we bought them all.....and a bunch more. There's some truly unique pieces and I can't wait for them to show up at the shop later this week.

....and a shot from inside the store....

The Dallas and Fort worth gun shows were a bit of a let down. Tons of people, not many vendors and exceedingly high prices. But we did manage to bring home a couple dozen guns including a LeMat, a 1888 production Colt double action, a S&W Victory 38 and a bunch of pocket guns.

Most everything in Texas is shut down so I'll need to plan another trip to Fredericksburg to visit the Nimitz and Pacific War museums.
-Mick

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 30, 2020, 09:36:56 AM »
Looks like a great place to hang out, Mick!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 30, 2020, 02:08:48 PM »
Looks like a great place to hang out, Mick!

It sure was! Wasted about 4 hours there. The sad news is that shipments from Italy are about non-existent. They aren't sure when they will getting more guns to fit and finish. So look forward to shortages on most Italian imports in the future.

In other news, Old El Paso Saddlery may not make it through this. Workers are only able to work 6 hours a day, 4 hours of which have to be spent disinfecting the work areas. Also they have a very limited supply of leather. So they are basically shut down. I sure hope they make it through this.....
-Mick

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 30, 2020, 03:01:21 PM »
Hi  Miguel,
nice journey. If you have more pics from that TX western shop, please post them. In these sinister times we do need uplifting stories and pictures. The more the better.

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 30, 2020, 03:36:39 PM »
The sad news is that shipments from Italy are about non-existent. They aren't sure when they will getting more guns to fit and finish. So look forward to shortages on most Italian imports in the future.

Dated April 23. I have no idea about Uberti and Pedersoli. I am sure they were all hard hit by the virus and are scrambling to fill what I perceive to be huge back orders.

https://www.lsonews.com/pietta-resumes-operations-after-coronavirus-outbreak-in-italy/

Just got an email notification from Midway today and they are having a sale on many BP revolvers. Note all of the out-of-stock/back order/no back order comments. I have seen that on the EMF, Old South, Taylor's, et al, sites. There is a huge drought.

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?promotionid=1236880&utm_source=weekly-specials&utm_medium=email&utm_content=product_15_link&utm_campaign=process

Anyone want to buy one of my Pietta 1851 Navy "type" revolvers a a hugely inflated price?  ;)

Let us all hope that production might come back to "normal" in the next several months.

Regards,

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 30, 2020, 05:37:13 PM »
I am glad for the C&B revolvers, long guns and/or flintlock guns I have. Might not be everything I want but certainly enough to get by. I also have powder, molds and balls and bullets to last me for a long time.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 01, 2020, 08:44:57 AM »
Hi  Miguel,
nice journey. If you have more pics from that TX western shop, please post them. In these sinister times we do need uplifting stories and pictures. The more the better.

Sorry Len, that's all the pictures I took. It seems that all the goodies had me a bit preoccupied. I'm not much of a picture taker anyway.....I need to get better at that. If you;re ever in the mood for a road trip, Fredericksburg is a great place to head towards. Great food, fun stuff to do and lots to see.
-Mick