Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 344472 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #1590 on: November 03, 2021, 08:48:49 PM »
I've always bounced back and forth between Ford and Chevy. I've had a few Mopars but always managed to blow them up.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 04, 2021, 09:41:10 AM »
I've always bounced back and forth between Ford and Chevy. I've had a few Mopars but always managed to blow them up.

Yep, we all have our favorites Hawg. Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. Colt vs Remington. Maytag vs Whirlpool. We all have a preference and a reason why we like and dislike. It's all very much subjective.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: November 04, 2021, 03:19:35 PM »
Every Dodge dealer in the state has now checked in saying they want to buy my 2019 Ram.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: November 05, 2021, 09:17:13 AM »
Every Dodge dealer in the state has now checked in saying they want to buy my 2019 Ram.

Right now is definitely a seller's market. I could easily make 8-10K selling my Challenger that I've only had for about a month. New cars are in very short supply, and dealers are begging for good used cars to sell.

If you have an extra car to drive, you could make some money selling your car or truck right now. Then just wait for the bubble to burst and prices to come back down before replacing the sold car.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 05, 2021, 12:44:16 PM »

Right now is definitely a seller's market. I could easily make 8-10K selling my Challenger that I've only had for about a month. New cars are in very short supply, and dealers are begging for good used cars to sell.

If you have an extra car to drive, you could make some money selling your car or truck right now. Then just wait for the bubble to burst and prices to come back down before replacing the sold car.

It's the only thing saving me on my super mileage-tipped lease...
Heem is one of the last things I sold myself before I quit Dave Smith, love LOVE the little guy, but he's got to go!

Selling Challengers and Wrangler was my favorite thing. No one ... NO ONE buys one out of necessity, it always wants/desire/passion. Some of my best post-sale stories have come through Challenger sales, and have retained both sides of a couple, post-Challenger sale, Post-divorce, due to the relationship started in building that particualr '14. Love them, hands down favorite 2 door coupé

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 05, 2021, 02:28:39 PM »

Yep, we all have our favorites Hawg. Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. Colt vs Remington. Maytag vs Whirlpool. We all have a preference and a reason why we like and dislike. It's all very much subjective.

I hope you know I wasn't ragging on your car. Yours is very nice. I was just sayin.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 06, 2021, 02:31:53 PM »

Oh yes, I knew that Hawg! And I wasn't being combative with my post either. I was just pointing out that we all have different tastes in just about everything. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

I hope you know I wasn't ragging on your car. Yours is very nice. I was just sayin.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: November 06, 2021, 04:58:28 PM »

Oh yes, I knew that Hawg! And I wasn't being combative with my post either. I was just pointing out that we all have different tastes in just about everything. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

:cool10:

Offline Shootemup

• View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 06, 2021, 09:27:44 PM »
Managed to make it to two different gun shows  today. Picked up some brass casings  but that was about it. Can't believe the asking prices  on powder,primers and. 22 ammo good thing I've stocked up over the years. Funny thing was prices on firearms weren't that bad.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 09, 2021, 06:33:25 PM »
I'm actually clearing out some of the .22lr I have that my guns aren't fond of.

In other news, someone left a small rubber squid in the urinal at work.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: November 09, 2021, 07:41:18 PM »
Managed to make it to two different gun shows  today. Picked up some brass casings  but that was about it. Can't believe the asking prices  on powder,primers and. 22 ammo good thing I've stocked up over the years. Funny thing was prices on firearms weren't that bad.

Gun prices are down because there's not much ammo. LGS has a sale on where they give you a box of ammo with every gun you buy. They have Heritage Rough Riders and Rossi RS22's on sale for 129.00 + a box of ammo. Probably the best deal is a Retay Masai Mari 12 gauge semi for 999.99 and get a free Retay GPS pump.

Offline Shootemup

• View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: November 10, 2021, 02:37:52 AM »

Gun prices are down because there's not much ammo. LGS has a sale on where they give you a box of ammo with every gun you buy. They have Heritage Rough Riders and Rossi RS22's on sale for 129.00 + a box of ammo. Probably the best deal is a Retay Masai Mari 12 gauge semi for 999.99 and get a free Retay GPS pump.

Your  probably right  Hawg what's the use of having a new gun if there's no ammo. Fortunately I reload for almost every gun I own and have plenty of components to  go with them, for now  anyway.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: November 10, 2021, 06:40:14 AM »
That's the only way to roll these days, Shootemup.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: November 11, 2021, 10:56:31 AM »
Strolled the woods with the dog. Picked some mushrooms. Did maintenance work on the aux power gen and test ran it. All set for winter now. First snow came Tuesday.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: November 11, 2021, 11:06:43 AM »
Strolled the woods with the dog. Picked some mushrooms. Did maintenance work on the aux power gen and test ran it. All set for winter now. First snow came Tuesday.

Still in the 70's here. (7& (7&