Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: New G&G Just arrived.  (Read 15461 times)

Offline Hewy

• View Profile
Re: New G&G coming
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 05:00:47 PM »
Here it be. The pictures I just took don't show up clearly.
Nice tight action, no flaws that I can see, and the grip flare is less than my
steel framed Navy Arms 1851.
Next week will go to the range and load up 15 gr of Holly Black and report back.
And get some pictures for ya.
The grip wood is fantastic.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:04:00 PM by Hewy »
Hewy
BETTER TO GETTIN than GETTIN GOT.

Offline Hewy

• View Profile
Re: New G&G Just arrived.
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 07:37:59 PM »
Scooby, ya the notch is still there. Overall a nice looking gun.
 Here is a picture of it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:46:04 PM by Hewy »
Hewy

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 07:40:43 PM »
Now get a 51 navy and you can make a L&R and a S&G. (7&
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Hewy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 09:20:48 AM »
Hope these photos work.....
Hewy

Offline Hewy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 09:59:41 AM »
Good for you hewy!!

Say, are they still adding the shoulder stock notch to the bottom of the grip frame on the G&G?

They finally started sending some Dance revolvers out of the factory without the notch. My G&G came with the notch.
What is the Mfg Date code on the Dance? Where did you buy it ? That is next on my list. :)
Hewy

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 05:21:03 PM »
I hope you all do not think I am hijacking this thread, but I would like to interject a few things since we are talking Pietta.

Hewy, you got one of the more "classic" backstrap/trigger guard/grip models that Pietta seems to producing these days. I have a 2015 [CN] G&G that has that profile.

But that G&G presents a bit of a problem when it comes to interchanging parts with the previous Pietta 1851 Navies.

In addition to my new G&G, I have a Pietta 1851 Navy that has the proverbial "tail" (2014 [CM]) date. I like it as far as shooting it (think of the 1911 Government model with the flat mainspring housing vs the 1911A1 with the arched mainspring housing).

The older Piettas may not be historically correct (that is a given), but different shooters have different requirements. (I also have a Pietta squareback TG for variations.)

I am posting this insofar as trying to show the differences between the Pietta "tail" guns and the newer Pietta models such as the G&G backstrap and TG.

These are pics of my spare parts, assembled to show the difference between the Pietta 1851 Navy parts insofar as the interchangeability with the Pietta G&G.

Do not fret about the rattlesnakes. The original wood for the Pietta Navy was used for this experiment, and the grip lines are original Pietta "tail", for reference.

The first 2 pics are of a Pietta 1851 Navy TG with a Pietta G&G backstrap, with a divot for a shoulder stock, which never happened, historically. I replaced my G&G backstrap with one having no cut on the backstrap bottom for any shoulder stock (from VTI).

The next two pics are presented to illustrate the difference between the TG, the backstrap, and the grip when comparing the previous Pietta Navies and the Pietta G&G.

Sorry for the snakes, but I am a big Eastwood fan. The wood is from my original Pietta 1851 Navy. Just for comparison.

My G&G is currently having the wood refinished and I must wait at least three days before any steel wool to make it presentable.

Jim

We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline Hewy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2016, 09:34:37 PM »
sourdough, OK to interject your grip comparison pictures. It make the comparison clear.

scooby, I went on Cabelas sight and they are not showing the Dance as a regular Pietta item, must have been
a special.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:45:51 AM by Hewy »
Hewy