Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Duke's 1861 hits target  (Read 4114 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Duke's 1861 hits target
« on: March 09, 2019, 08:23:08 AM »
Hi, Dead Eye Duke finally hits his target with his Uberti 1861:

Unfortunately, without an arbor length adjustment, the group will move depending on how hard the wedge is inserted.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
Re: Duke's 1861 hits target
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 01:52:06 PM »
Why is it that these guys like Duke create YouTube videos without knowing about arbor/barrel lug dimensions? I have a book by Mike Cumpston who is in love with Uberti pistols, yet he thinks one should control the barrel/cylinder gap by how far one pushes in the wedge. After a couple of shots that way, the B/C gap goes away.

Thanks for the uninformative video. I think folks like that just want their name/face shown to whomever will watch.

Regards,

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline bigted

• when all is said ... more will be said then done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 02:19:36 PM »
Jim, I really think that he and another couple posters on you tube really THINK that they have something to add for others benefit.

I worked with a fella that had a very bad bo problem and apparently never even considered that it was offensive. Very nice fella, but a bit clueless. I took the bull by the horns and took him aside and just mentioned that we worked with a feller that stank very badly every day ... rubbing his chin, he said ... "I know who you are talking about, maybe we could just tell him". Never occured to him that he was the feller I talked about.

Think ol Duke is maybe clueless like that. Not sure he even has a clue on the stuff he don't know. Hopefully he will take a step back and discover and research things before stepping out on video and misrepresent facts that only continue to muddy the waters.
BIGTED

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 02:47:04 PM »
Well, bigted, you may be correct, but I think there should be a way of correcting him, and I am no expert.

I had a barracks mate when I was in the USAF in 1971 with the same problem. Even the other guys in the barracks noticed it and they gave him a GI shower with a hog brush. He was a farm kid from Ohio and probably had little idea about hygene.

I am way off topic.

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 05:40:20 PM »
Well, bigted, you may be correct, but I think there should be a way of correcting him, and I am no expert.

I had a barracks mate when I was in the USAF in 1971 with the same problem. Even the other guys in the barracks noticed it and they gave him a GI shower with a hog brush. He was a farm kid from Ohio and probably had little idea about hygene.

I am way off topic.

Jim
We had a guy like that when I was in Boot Camp in 1966. After he was given a shower with a kiyi kiyi brush, We all knew for sure the origin of that name!
I Love the Smell of Burning Black in the Morning

Flinters are awesome!

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 09:11:45 PM »
I've watched several of his videos, and I thought it was just me or that I was being over critical. Glad to hear other's feel the same about his videos.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Dave Shooter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 04:23:00 AM »
I don't believe there is any requirement by Youtube for vids to be factually relevant.  Entertainment is the order of the day since the poster gets paid a small fee for every view.  If you can generate views up in the hundreds of thousands you're looking at real money.

Anyone reach out to Duke and explain the fix?  He might become a true believer and get the word out.  😁
Happily Retired USAF ossifer
Engineer?
Shooter of questionable skill...
Unabashed patriot!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 09:48:04 AM »
Hi Dave, in the past I have left a comment on doing the arbor length mod on Uberti's. Those comments were simply ignored, too bad.

I sometimes get the feeling that burning BP is all that's necessary to bring accolades.

Regards,
Richard

There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 10:24:35 AM »
I like Duke's videos for the one thing that he actually shows the targets and the groups.

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 05:58:58 PM »
I like Duke's videos for the one thing that he actually shows the targets and the groups.

Overall I like his videos. Seems to be flaws with most of them even if one does not look to hard. I spose this is sort of like me..................... *6'
I Love the Smell of Burning Black in the Morning

Flinters are awesome!

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 10:13:44 PM »
Duke Frazier vids are mostly a joke; low info, low energy.  The guy is either a half-wit or Narcissistic, probably both.

In the current vid I notice (again) he can't be bothered to clear up the room and window sill of crap and litter. How hard is that?  It's his home! He's making a vid for publication, fer gawd sakes.  I just don't get such a half-assed lackadaisical mentality.  I lost patience with that dude long ago.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 11:44:53 AM »
If you watch the video closely,  you can see the bullets just before striking the target.  15 gr. Seems awfully light to me.  It’s probably slower velocity than your standard Wham-o slingshot.  (7+"  8)

Offline bigted

• when all is said ... more will be said then done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 05:03:53 PM »
I totally agree with the sentiment of being pretty slow for a 36 charge ... just as well buy a 31 pocket to plink with ... betcha the 31 ball is pretty fast with 15 grains behind it.
BIGTED

Offline omarkw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 10:36:44 PM »
I totally agree with the sentiment of being pretty slow for a 36 charge ... just as well buy a 31 pocket to plink with ... betcha the 31 ball is pretty fast with 15 grains behind it.

I chronographed my 48 31 caliber at 700 feet per second. Mark
on these walks make your gun your constant companion.   TJ