Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Uberti/Colt1861 Navy revolver  (Read 6298 times)

Offline Stillwater

• View Profile
Uberti/Colt1861 Navy revolver
« on: October 13, 2013, 07:49:35 PM »
I was nosing around a new to me, gun shop today, and I found a new in the box, Uberti/Colt 1861 Navy replica revolver for sale.

That  is not unusual, right? I have seen a lot of Uberti/Colt 1861 Navy replicas before, but this one was cut for a shoulder stock and had the protruding screws on the sides of the frame. Also, this revolver had the 1860 Army grip on it, instead of the smaller 1851/1862 Navy grip.

This gun had never been sold before now. I bought it new today. This is a new gun, not a used gun, where somebody has mixed and matched the parts, as so often happens on a used gun.

Is this an unusual model of the 1861 Navy, or, is it a normal model and I haven't seen one like it before.

I really like the idea of it having shoulder stock capability, and, I just happen to have three shoulder stocks in my inventory.

Bill
A man enters into contention and his mouth calls for strokes.

Offline bigted

• when all is said ... more will be said then done.
    • View Profile
Re: Uberti/Colt1861 Navy revolver
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:20:30 PM »
looks like it has been awhile since this one was posted and it sets alone here so thought id add some and spark it up again.

i do not know if Uberti built the 1861 navy with the larger 60 army grips but i must confess that i have a longing for such  animal. i love the 36's and have a blast with them but the good lord sent me out of the factory with an extra big set of mits and that small 51/61 grip frame is just as small as the model p is. i do have need of the 60 grip frame added to my 61 sheriff model and found a set on fleabay so they are on the way and ill see if they fit somewhat reasonably. it is manufactured by pietta ... like my revolver ... so maybe they will fit fine.
BIGTED

Offline Kaboom

• Too many hobbies, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 02:59:49 AM »
Here's hopin. If they don't fit mebby ya can work'm over so they do fit. By the by, just noticed yer Avy-tar.  Nice bike. I ride a Yammy 950T. Done up full dress bagger. Love bikin'.
Black powder smoke is my Aromatherapy.

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:43:56 PM »
that photo is of the last chopper i built. it was a 93 inch shovel generator with a 4 speed in a re-worked softail frame. i built the motor and tranny from scratch and man did it run. may be the last one i do as these colts seem to pursue my thoughts at most waking hours. besides the neighbors dont frown at a feller with a case full of colts walkin inside the house ... but let that same feller ride up on a nice chopper and black jacket on and things change. ho hum ... old story huh?

these colts are a disease i will embrace anytime.
BIGTED

Offline Kaboom

• Too many hobbies, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »
Nice bike. I still ride mine whenever I can (temp at least 37 F.) I got my Yammie last Feb 8th, and have put over 7100 on it so far. Just wish this weather would co-operate so I can get back out on it. And yes, I take it to the range with my shooting bag full of pistoles. Enjoy, which ever way ya go.   *?.
Black powder smoke is my Aromatherapy.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 08:17:29 PM »
We have a thread for bikes. Just sayin'...... L@J

http://blackpowdersmoke.com/colt/index.php?board=55.0
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 10:58:27 AM »
point taken.
BIGTED

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 08:39:42 AM »
so off bikes and back to Colts ... the '60 grip frame complete came in and last nite late ... yep im addicted ... i removed the grip frame from the pietta 1861 and installed the pietta 1860 grip frame.

funny thing was that the 1860 frame/wood came complete as a unit so when i began to unscrew the bottom screw from the split ... it had resistance against the wood which i found weird. after squeezing the two together to relieve pressure on the screw i discovered that the grip frame came to me with the spring and a good thing as i had overlooked the need for a bit longer spring for the longer 1860 grip frame.

anyway the new 1860 frame and plow handle wood fit rite up with no troubles at all. now i have a 5 inch 1861 36 cal pietta with the 1860 grip frame. what a peach as for handling ... today i will try to squeeze out time to shoot it and take a couple photo's and report back the results.

now about them bikes ...  &m( ...  (jh
BIGTED