Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: JEDEDIAH STAR G&G'S  (Read 4238 times)

Offline dc7x64

• View Profile
JEDEDIAH STAR G&G'S
« on: February 20, 2014, 03:09:01 PM »
Just browsing the pistols over on the Jedediah Star website and came across what they call a 1851 Navy Confederate revolver. What is aggravating about some of these websites is their picture quality sux, and sometimes what they are selling ain't what is pictured J*j Not so clearly I see this "Confederate" Navy appears to have a round barrel, brass frame and no engraving on the cylinder, in .36 Cal. Is this a NIB mislabeled G&G by Pietta? I am just astounded by Pietta's logistics. They make so many different versions of cap and ball pistols, yet only certain models are carried by...well..only certain importers/distributors! :D I guess for the most part these distributors cater to the guy who wants a"capun bawl" pistol and really does not care if it's in a blister pack on the shelf at Bass Pro, or any kinda historical significance, etc! Guess what? That guy is gonna buy 1, never clean it, ruin it, and try to sell it on Gunbroker for twice what he paid for it! We as collectors will buy many, and from the same place if we are treated right!!!!!Can I start beating the sh--! out of the horse right now? *Z$ *Z$ *Z$ I'm calm now. Distributors, please show what you are REALLY selling and spend some of that MUNNY on some good photos....please.

Offline brazosdave

• Redneck Mower Jockey
    • View Profile
Re: JEDEDIAH STAR G&G'S
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 03:25:03 PM »
Never been on that website, but what do they charge for that?  I bought my wife the Pietta G & G from Cabelas, in the box, for $199.  Most of the enthusiast importers seem to tack on a buncha money for some reason.  I guess they can't do the price Cabelas does because of overall profit margins
"I don't gotta kill a man, I just gotta make him sit down"

Offline dc7x64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 06:55:05 PM »
Brazos, I think it is a fair price , but what are we getting? That is the problem. Are we getting a .36 cal Navy ,octagon barrel. brass frame, Navy? Or a somewhat authentic G&G?

Offline brazosdave

• Redneck Mower Jockey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:38:59 AM »
ok, i found the site.  Yeah, it looks like a G & G.  A little high, but like you said,  is this what the description says, which would make it a Schneider & Glassick repro, or is it what the picture shows, a Griswold & Gunnison repro? ???
"I don't gotta kill a man, I just gotta make him sit down"

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 04:15:54 PM »
The one I saw was a G&G but the description was for a S&G in .44 ??? I think if I was interested I'd call them.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 07:39:53 AM »
I don't know about now but I've heard bad things about them in the past. They're still in business tho so maybe they got better.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.