Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Smokey morning at Texas Star Shooting Range, Kempner, TX  (Read 3290 times)

Offline brazosdave

• Redneck Mower Jockey
    • View Profile
Smokey morning at Texas Star Shooting Range, Kempner, TX
« on: February 23, 2014, 01:03:10 PM »
Wife and I decided to burn some powder this morning.  I needed to shoot out the loads in my two carrys, the .44 DGW Snubbie and a brasser .31 Wells Fargo, plus i wanted to try out the G & G i antiqued and East Texas did the guts on. 

A little fire out of the G & G.  I was shooting a test of my homemade press cake, and it not only shot as well as Goex, it cleaned up easy too. 

Here's Marci with my fav carry gun, a brasser .31 48 pocket revolver.  She was pleasently surprised at the light weight and minimal recoil, as she is fixin to get wrist surgery.  It shoots pretty darn accurate too!

This is the guns in their holsters.  The top was our second to last attempt.  We finally got the stitching right on the last one, which belongs to East Texas.  It's a crossdraw for a shorty Remmy.

and finally this is me lookin purty fer the camera in front of my shed out back
"I don't gotta kill a man, I just gotta make him sit down"

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Re: Smokey morning at Texas Star Shooting Range, Kempner, TX
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 06:02:21 PM »
Dave, thanks for sharing your good time!

Offline Kaboom

• Too many hobbies, too little time.
    • View Profile
Re: Smokey morning at Texas Star Shooting Range, Kempner, TX
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 07:53:52 PM »
Wish we could get rid of the snow so we can shoot outside. Our club don't 'low no BP indoors. And we got a least a foot of the white stuff still on the outdoor range.   K_)
Black powder smoke is my Aromatherapy.