Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: New Uberti 1861 Navy  (Read 9378 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
New Uberti 1861 Navy
« on: July 14, 2014, 11:35:53 AM »
Well, not new, just new to me.  I have been wanting a Stainless Steel Uberti Colt 1861 Navy for many moons,  The second Generation Colts are a bit out of my price range - they only made 8 and the last one sold at auction last fall for $22,000+; you heard right $22,000+.  So, I've resigned myself to being satisfied if I could find one of the Uberti made SS 1861 Navies that were made back in the mid 1980s - quantity of which are unknown.  Up until last week, I had been searching unsuccessfully for over 4 years for a SS 1861 Navy.  That search ended when Sltm1 sent me a PM with a link to the Z-Idaho internet classifieds.  Seems there was this fella with a Uberti SS 1861 Navy that he was trying to sell & Sltm1 was wondering if I had bought it yet.  I wasted no time to email the seller & tell him to mark it sold & to give me his address so I could mail him a Postal MO for the Navy & shipping.  He was averse to doing that saying that there were "too many scams out there" & would only do a face to face for cash greenbacks.  Enter Sltm1 again offering to do the deal for me for the agreed on price plus gas & shipping.  How could I refuse (rhetorical question)?

So now I am expecting delivery of my own Allen Firearms/Uberti Stainless Steel 1861 Colt Navy thanks to Sltm1. 

Many, many thanks to Sltm1 for his assistance.

Here are a couple pictures:

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Kaboom

• Too many hobbies, too little time.
    • View Profile
Re: New Uberti 1861 Navy
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
Congrats. Sure is a purdy piece.  Enjoy it well, my friend.   (@+
Black powder smoke is my Aromatherapy.

Offline brazosdave

• Redneck Mower Jockey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 02:15:56 PM »
Very nice!  It is good sometimes to have buds from the forums.  I've been helped out by so many of these guys, it ain't even funny!
"I don't gotta kill a man, I just gotta make him sit down"

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 03:44:13 PM »
Good deal for you Fingers.   It's great when one of the "cyber friends" from these forum can help a guy out.  Glad to see you're getting a gun you've been on the hunt for.   
What's going to be your next quest?

Offline Pat/Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 04:05:05 PM »
Sltm1, Kudo's sir, a classy undertaking!

Congrat's Finger's! Alway's nice to fill in that missing slot!

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 04:51:54 PM »

What's going to be your next quest?

A second one plus the SS pocket models that were made.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 04:05:17 AM »
Nice looking revolver!

When you start finding extras (60s, 61s or Pocket Police Models), keep me in the loop.
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline jaxenro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 02:42:54 PM »
Did the 1861 ever come with the SB TG? Looks beautiful though I would give almost anything for a pair of 1862 Police in SS
Check out my website www.percussionrevolvers.com

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 04:42:09 PM »
Did the 1861 ever come with the SB TG? Looks beautiful though I would give almost anything for a pair of 1862 Police in SS

The 1861 did not come with SB TG.  Having said that, you could get just about any configuration as a custom.

From what I know, the SS Ubertis came with round TG, same as 1st Gens (I've only seen 3 of them up till now).  This is possibly a '61 Navy built from parts that Uberti had on hand from the Colt's 2nd Gen line that were left over when the contract was canceled.  There were two models of the '51 Navy that had SB TG.  Uberti - like 'Ol Samuel - apparently believed in using everything on hand.

I'd pay dearly for a couple pocket police' in SS also.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 04:37:58 AM »
...Did the 1861 ever come with the SB TG?...

Are you asking about the blued version or the stainless?  If blued, I have one of the early Uberti 1861s with a square trigger guard.

http://blackpowdersmoke.com/colt/index.php/topic,37.0.html
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline jaxenro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 05:13:25 AM »
Italy made everycombination I was wondering if anyone had seen one from the Colt factory?
Check out my website www.percussionrevolvers.com

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 09:01:16 AM »
Italy made everycombination I was wondering if anyone had seen one from the Colt factory?

I've not seen a 1st Gen 1861 Navy with square back trigger guard.

Offline hiker.wild

• just do it !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 12:05:40 PM »
nice..hope  you got a good deal on er...
so is it legal to just toss one in a box and mail it out..sence atf says their not firearms ??
fieldlines.com

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 04:45:55 PM »

so is it legal to just toss one in a box and mail it out..sence atf says their not firearms ??

Yep,  perfectly OK to mail these BP guns without FFL or C&R.  They can be mailed by anyone to anyone since they are not considered firearms.

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 04:49:09 PM »
nice..hope  you got a good deal on er...

I got a smoking deal - some would say I stole it  (7&