Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 353681 times)

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #1425 on: July 29, 2021, 09:21:31 PM »
Beautiful Heritage ASM. Glad you guys made it home safe.

I stapled a paper towel to my finger. Don't ask. (7+"

I'm not even sure I read that right!  *6'

How else can you read it? (7+" It was only one side of the staple but it was a 1/2 inch staple.

It's just the first time I've ever read, staple, paper towel, and finger in the same sentence!  *6'
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 29, 2021, 09:39:00 PM »
Beautiful Heritage ASM. Glad you guys made it home safe.

How else can you read it? (7+" It was only one side of the staple but it was a 1/2 inch staple.

It's just the first time I've ever read, staple, paper towel, and finger in the same sentence!  *6'

Pretty sure it's the only time I wrote them all in the same sentence. *6' *6' *6'

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 30, 2021, 09:45:57 AM »
Hi, it has been 27 years since I did the contracting for our retirement house. I did all the electricals, pluming, and other interior work. My wife has been on me to finish the house with the baseboard moldings. A wise man told me that once you finish your retirement house you will die. I have avoided finishing the house for 27 years. I even tried a ploy of asking my wife if she was aware of the world wide chip shortage. That didn't work. Well, I am almost finished with all the oak baseboard molding.

It was nice knowing you guys.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 30, 2021, 09:55:06 AM »
All you have to do, is to come up with a never ending list of absolutely needed updates and blame the council's new demands.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #1429 on: July 30, 2021, 10:12:23 AM »
Hi, it has been 27 years since I did the contracting for our retirement house. I did all the electricals, pluming, and other interior work. My wife has been on me to finish the house with the baseboard moldings. A wise man told me that once you finish your retirement house you will die. I have avoided finishing the house for 27 years. I even tried a ploy of asking my wife if she was aware of the world wide chip shortage. That didn't work. Well, I am almost finished with all the oak baseboard molding.

Regards,
Richard

There has to be space where a door is close to a wall.   Leave that small space between the door and wall undone.    Your wife probably won't see it and technically your house will still be unfinished.     
Looking forward to many more years of your posts.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 30, 2021, 11:30:56 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]
Well, with a bit more practice, you should be able to get the whole staple in your finger. (7+"

Offline Retreever

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 30, 2021, 02:07:01 PM »
What did you do today? I sized and lubed a bunch of lead in preparation for a planned reloading marathon - (400) pcs 38-55-260g, (400) pcs 45-70-405g and  (200) pcs 45-70-500g. Will load a bunch of 38-55 test rounds for my antique '84 Winchester Lever Gun tomorrow and hit the range on Sunday.

Roger

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 30, 2021, 06:55:37 PM »
We were outside last night and at 7:30 PM you could look directly at the sun. It was just a bright orange ball low in the sky. The smoke is supposed to dissipate over the weekend.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 30, 2021, 09:25:26 PM »

Regards,
Richard

Just do like Mrs. Winchester and keep building!

You're gonna be around for a long time Richard.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 31, 2021, 11:34:33 AM »
Waitin on a revolver? Or? Waitin can be fun. On anything actually. Well….. sometimes.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 31, 2021, 11:44:49 AM »
Sometimes the anticipation is just as much fun as actually handling the gun when it arrives.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 02, 2021, 12:24:46 PM »
ASM, just got back from MN. Been going up there since '66 and have NEVER seen smoke that thick. Made it hard to breathe at times. I'll try to post some pix later but having trouble with home internet right now.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 02, 2021, 12:32:24 PM »
Sometimes the anticipation is just as much fun as actually handling the gun when it arrives.

That's true Mazo...funny thing about that post. I thought I had replied to this person who was saying he was waiting and waiting and waiting on something... and for the life of me I don't even see his post. HAHAHAHAHA. Funny thing though, my post actually fit and sounded okay and appropriate. Like a person in thought? Contemplative if you will. Wow. I need to polish my navigation skills.  *6'  I hope you can resume shooting sooner than later by the way. I read your post about hurting your arm  believe? Tim

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 02, 2021, 02:10:48 PM »
Wow! There is still blue sky and clouds. We haven't seen that for 10-12 days now due to the smoke from the wildfires in Canada, as Capt. Kirk mentioned. The air quality warnings have also been lifted.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 01:56:37 PM by mazo kid »

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 04, 2021, 11:56:44 AM »
I had a totally new experience. Rented a sky lift for doing some maintenance job in high places. It is good for 50 foot up, but I just had to go 21 foot. Oh boy, was I scared? It looks safe and it is safe, but at altitude and the arm out a long way, it gets very swingy, like riding a small boat in high seas. But sometimes a man's got to do what a man's got to do. You just play cool and try to hide your fear as well as you can.