Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 349747 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #1695 on: December 03, 2021, 06:39:37 PM »
I went by the LGS today an looked at an original 1873 Trapdoor. They wanted 700.00 for it and I was about to try to put it on layaway when I noticed the forward part of the stock had mouse chews on it. Then I perused the display cases and saw one of these. NAA hogleg in .22 magnum. They called it an 1860 lol. You have to remove the cylinder to load it which was a deal breaker.
Wait...you let mouse chews keep you from scoring an original Trapdoor?
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: December 03, 2021, 06:53:17 PM »
Yeah, I may see what I can get rid of. If I can find enough I may try to trade them out of it tomorrow.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: December 03, 2021, 09:02:35 PM »
Yeah, I may see what I can get rid of. If I can find enough I may try to trade them out of it tomorrow.
Whew! For a minute there I thought you done lost your ever-lovin' mind! :no_no:

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: December 03, 2021, 09:05:36 PM »
Whew! For a minute there I thought you done lost your ever-lovin' mind! :no_no:

Well it IS missing the cleaning rod too. (7+" If money wasn't so tight I probably would have put it in layaway. I've got a few I can stand to get rid of so maybe I can work something out with them.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: December 04, 2021, 06:55:31 AM »
Best of luck Hawg. Hope you can work something out at the LGS :hurry: :-*

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: December 04, 2021, 01:35:48 PM »
Welp that didn't work out. I used to be able to deal with them before the owner died. They still have good prices but forget selling them anything. Oh well, I needed a trapdoor like I need a hole in my head.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 04, 2021, 02:25:46 PM »
Welp that didn't work out. I used to be able to deal with them before the owner died. They still have good prices but forget selling them anything. Oh well, I needed a trapdoor like I need a hole in my head.
Well darn🤬 sorry it didn’t work out Hawg😞

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 04, 2021, 05:12:02 PM »
I've been wanting a long range BPCR ever since I sold my 63 Sharps. I sold all of my 45-70 reloading stuff except for a box of fired cases after I sold my last trapdoor and I don't even know where they are. It just wasn't meant to be. I did end up with a plastic 9 in a trade with my wife because she didn't want me to sell one I was going to. ^j)

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 05, 2021, 04:12:37 PM »
The last gun show I went to this last spring had a plethora of Trapdoors....most priced quite well. You'll run into another one.....

On another note.....worked on the El Camino most of the day changing out all the headlight hardware, adjusters etc and put it back together with some LED's. Damn big difference, now just waiting for the sun to go down so I can get things aimed correctly. Coolant recovery tank is next, but that should be fairly easy. The list is still pretty long but it was nice to get the headlight situation taken care of.
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 05, 2021, 05:17:24 PM »
Won't play ball, huh?  Well Hawg, as Al Capone once said - "You can get a long way with a kind word, but you can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun."

Maybe ya should just rob da joint.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 05, 2021, 05:27:32 PM »
Won't play ball, huh?  Well Hawg, as Al Capone once said - "You can get a long way with a kind word, but you can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun."

Maybe ya should just rob da joint.

Oh my. They got a few 1873's and 92's and a bunch of other stuff. I'd have to stack them in the bed of my pickup and still have to make three trips.  (7+"

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 10, 2021, 04:40:59 PM »
Went into my LGS, since they got in a large shipment of Federal 9mm ammo. While I was their, the owner says "You shoot black powder, right." Someone brought in a load of gun stuff to sell, which included 3 1-pound plastic cans of Goex ffg. He let me have it for $10 a can.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 10, 2021, 04:59:10 PM »
Went into my LGS, since they got in a large shipment of Federal 9mm ammo. While I was their, the owner says "You shoot black powder, right." Someone brought in a load of gun stuff to sell, which included 3 1-pound plastic cans of Goex ffg. He let me have it for $10 a can.

Deal of the millenium! Wish we had a LGS like that around here, EM!

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: December 11, 2021, 01:45:05 PM »
Took another truck load of books to the library for donation to their "Friends of the Library" book store. Took another truck load of dishes and kitchenware to the local community center for their thrift store. Cut, split, and stacked another row of pistachio wood in the wood shed. I've got about two cords done ands another cord to go. Picked up two hundred rounds of Federal 9mm 115gr FMJ ammo. Nearly threw up when the cat farted as it was passing by. Found a pair of Japanese Izegara plates I'd stored, and forgot where. Found three of five speakers for the surround sound setup we couldn't use while the MIL lived in the house. still need to find the bass unit and one of the tweeters. Got yelled at by the wife for eating a doughnut. Settled down by eating a half pound of beef jerky. Promised to go for a walk with her later. Refilled the wood rack inside.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 11, 2021, 07:13:01 PM »
Your days are indeed not mundane!