Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 349758 times)

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2015, 09:18:49 AM »
Hi Captainkirk, the moly is good...I just want to paint them! Heh!

The 9mm lead bullets that I just did...I think they have moly on them...if so...I'm have to redo the red paint on them. That moly is some slick stuff.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2015, 08:38:11 AM »
Hi, it's in the low 80s today, but this morning I repaired and cleaned the main house propane furnace. The furnace failed to start in mid spring. I knew what the problem was, a plugged pilot nozzle. I also have two propane stoves so we had heat where I could put off repair of the main furnace to later this year. This problem has occurred before so I knew how to fix it. A 0.011" drill cleans out the orifice, but it takes disassembling the furnace ignition system. While I was at it, I used my furnace cleaning brushes and vacuum to get the furnace ready for next fall and winter.

Seems I have more of an air quality problem in my basement than lead projectile casting. A month ago I did a radon test in my basement. The results were high, 10.6 pCi/L. The acceptable limit is 4 pCi/L. Before I do anything about it, I need to run another test to confirm the result. I ordered two more test kits, one for the same place in the basement as before and one in a downstairs bedroom. If the test in the bedroom comes out lower than 4 pCi/L I will ignore this issue. My house is built right on top of shale that is known to be a radon source. The house foundation was dug in the shale. If the test result comes out higher than 4 pCi/L some remediation will be required. There seems to always be something to worry about.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2015, 08:44:07 AM »
The highest ever reading of radon in a house was in this area. An old house was built right over an old well that went down into granite.

Going to Flagstaff in a little while.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2015, 01:59:42 PM »
It's impossible to sell a house in Denver if it does not have a Radon mitigation system installed.   Doesn't matter what the Radon levels are,  real estate bandits agents use it to negotiate prices down.   It's just a scare tactic.   If levels are high then an air exchange system is needed.   If not, like Richard says ignore it.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2015, 04:28:46 AM »
Yesterday, we adopted a puppy.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2015, 06:14:29 AM »
Way to go StrawHat!  L@.

Going to mow the front yard here.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2015, 11:25:51 AM »

Kevin

There are lots of types of puppies. Can you be a little specific....pictures...?
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2015, 04:43:55 AM »
Working on photos.  Every time I try to post one, I get an error message that it is too big.  I resize it and the same error message but this time with a smaller number.

Anyway, Seamus is a Golden Retriever, he was born 22 April, 2015.  Good lines and he will make a great pet.  About wore out Herself the first couple of days.

Kevin

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2015, 04:48:59 AM »
They will do that.... L@J

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2015, 05:10:38 AM »
We've been replacing ancient electrical outlets at work. Yesterday, we had three receptacle boxes all in  a row on a wall. The conduit from the breaker panel ran to the center outlet, the separate conduits ran out of each side of that box to the other boxes. In the past, the left outlet box was on it's own circuit, attached to breaker 4, and the other two were attached to breaker 6. At some point, someone decided that they didn't need two separate circuits, and interrupted the wiring for breaker 4 in the box for the center receptacle, and wired the left receptacle off the center receptacle, so that all three receptacles, left, center and right were powered by breaker 6.

All well, and good, but...

The pinhead who wired it attached the hot and neutral leads for both breaker 4 and breaker 6 to the center receptacle, resulting in three chained receptacles that were powered from both breaker 4 and breaker 6. So, if either breaker was on by itself, didn't matter which, the receptacles had power. If you tried to turn them both on at the same time, they both tripped.

Holy Cow!

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2015, 11:32:59 AM »
We had a similar situation at work (when I was still working!). We had under floor duct systems and they were tied together in some places to separate breaker panels. We had one guy at work who wasn't careful and he did the same thing, only in the under floor duct work. Talk about a nightmare! Reset the breaker in this corner of the building and it would trip, reset the breaker in the other corner and it would trip.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2015, 08:12:20 AM »
Well, I'm washing my Green Zombie Ford Truck. I'm putting some Zombie Stickers on it.  ;)

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2015, 02:35:41 PM »
Well, I'm washing my Green Zombie Ford Truck. I'm putting some Zombie Stickers on it.  ;)
Zombie stickers on a zombie truck.  A certain degree of symmetry there, preserves the unities sort of thing and all, I guess.  It should look real nice with some stickers on it, a sort of 'fashion statement'. 
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2015, 03:56:53 AM »

Kevin

There are lots of types of puppies. Can you be a little specific....pictures...?

http://blackpowdersmoke.com/colt/index.php?topic=1207.0

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2015, 05:21:14 AM »
Thanks for those pictures, Straw Hat!
Sammy...are you the asshat buying up all the .22LR ammo for the 'Zombie Apocalypse'? If so, leave some ammo for the rest of us and run them over with your ZA truck.