Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 346922 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #1770 on: December 30, 2021, 04:57:08 PM »
Hey, Hawg. That mass airflow sensor might need to be replaced. For what it's worth, you may want to think about spending that $80. If one fails it may not show anything on scans. I just had one go out in our 2003 National RV motorhome with a Chevy Workhorse engine. It ran lean and burned a hole in one of the pistons. The engine overhaul cost $18K. Plus another $3K just to have it towed to the shop. I'll put a new one in every 5 years from now on whether it needs one or not.

I can't do it right now. If it will just get me through next month. After that it can sit some more until I can get one. If it burns a piston it can sit in the yard until it rusts completely down. It should run with it unplugged but it won't.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: December 30, 2021, 07:12:52 PM »
Hey, Hawg. That mass airflow sensor might need to be replaced. For what it's worth, you may want to think about spending that $80. If one fails it may not show anything on scans. I just had one go out in our 2003 National RV motorhome with a Chevy Workhorse engine. It ran lean and burned a hole in one of the pistons. The engine overhaul cost $18K. Plus another $3K just to have it towed to the shop. I'll put a new one in every 5 years from now on whether it needs one or not.

I can't do it right now. If it will just get me through next month. After that it can sit some more until I can get one. If it burns a piston it can sit in the yard until it rusts completely down. It should run with it unplugged but it won't.
Well, hopefully it won't cause an issue. Maybe there's a way you can check it to see if it's functioning properly. I don't know if that's possible. In fact, I didn't know what the thing was until it gave me a problem.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: December 30, 2021, 07:36:39 PM »
On that old of a truck it should run with it unplugged but it wont. If it would I'd just leave it unplugged. Later on I might go to a junkyard and see if I can find a used one.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: December 31, 2021, 06:08:22 AM »
Shot Colt Navy, trying to expand my envelope, shooting at an army camoflage target at dusk. Kinda fun.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 02:08:16 AM by Len »

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: January 02, 2022, 02:59:58 AM »
My daughter in CA and MIL in the nursing home both have covid. My daughter's does not appear to be too bad. She's still vertical and posting on the internet. My MIL is well enough to call my wife and say "I have covid, and it's your fault. You made me get it so I would die." She then hung up on my wife.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: January 02, 2022, 03:02:35 PM »
What is your daughter's condition?

As to MIL, after that statemen, one could wonder if covid may be one of her lesser afflictions.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: January 02, 2022, 07:08:49 PM »
What is your daughter's condition?

As to MIL, after that statemen, one could wonder if covid may be one of her lesser afflictions.

It's well documented here, G.
EM, you and your wife have my sympathies. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.
Hope they both get over it soon.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: January 05, 2022, 05:28:42 AM »
Sorry for the delay. I was in the middle of my work week. Daughter is still vertical and using the internet. Seems to be very mild. My mother In Law is a bit worse but still finds the energy and breath to call my wife and chew her out for making her sick.

On another subject - should I be worried that my wife told someone I was her "participation trophy husband"?

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: January 06, 2022, 05:30:34 PM »

On another subject - should I be worried that my wife told someone I was her "participation trophy husband"?

I would KILL for at least that level of engagement from my wife. I'd say that's a compliment, from where I stand.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: January 07, 2022, 06:15:54 AM »
Baking bread today. Finishing laundry, loading wood rack inside, taking a load of my MIL's crap to the Humane Society thrift store, doing some shopping. Must order pinion coffee. Must go look for a small computer desk today. My wife wants the desk my computer is on for her office (it's her desk, after all.) Tomorrow, we have to run out to a friend's farm and pick up pork. We also need to take down the Christmas decorations, and hang a new door on the garage.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: January 09, 2022, 09:17:00 AM »
Got my computer setup moved out of the walk-in closet in the master bedroom, and into the room that is going to be my photo studio. Stopped by my buddy's widows house to see if she needed anything. She gave me two more 50-cal ammo boxes of 45 Colt ammo and a can of 30-06. I don't own a 30-06. Guess what I need to buy? Stopped by a friend's farm and bought 26 pounds of pork (ground pork, breakfast sausage, shoulder roast, and fresh ham.) Have a dozen small turkey legs brining to be smoked later. Baking bread this afternoon. Going to install a new pre-hung door on the garden shed. The original owner installed an interior door. We're replacing it with a steel door.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 09, 2022, 09:47:01 AM »
EM, you are the busiest man I know! I wish I had your energy!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: January 09, 2022, 12:32:44 PM »
Piñon coffee came up here.  Been reading about that.  Had not heard of it before.  It sounds good but can one wire on piñon?  That would be an important wonderment each and every morning.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: January 09, 2022, 12:44:15 PM »
Piñon coffee came up here.  Been reading about that.  Had not heard of it before.  It sounds good but can one wire on piñon?  That would be an important wonderment each and every morning.

The pinion coffee we buy (from https://nmpinoncoffee.com/) is a mix of pinion nuts and coffee beans.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 09, 2022, 04:37:29 PM »
Smoked turkey legs and fresh Honey-Oatmeal bread.