Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: No takers?  (Read 5229 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: No takers?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 11:19:47 AM »
A 92 without the forearm which makes it look like a 92 without a forearm. The 92 doesn't remotely resemble a Henry.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• SASS #105711
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 06:33:22 PM »
A 92 without the forearm which makes it look like a 92 without a forearm. The 92 doesn't remotely resemble a Henry.

this one does...lol
l
l_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
  JEEP OWNER!

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 11:10:45 PM »
If you say so.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Hewy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2019, 06:45:04 PM »
...I have a Golden Boy and love it but the big bores are pretty much a turn off.

So...reviews, impressions of the Golden Boy? (not to mention pix...LOL!) Saying you "love it" just doesn't cut it here!

What can I say? It's more accurate than any of my Marlins. The action is slicker than snot on a porcelain doorknob. The bluing is immaculate. Wood to metal fit is good, not excellent but good, better than Pietta  (7+" I'd like it better if the barrel band was brass which is available. Even better would be a brass nose cap. I wish the brass finish wasn't so bright and garish or would at least mellow out. The drop in the stock takes some getting used to but it's comfortable when you do. The pic is old but it still looks the same.

Hawg ,I soon will be an owner of a Henry Big Boy Classic in 45 Colt.
Researched Marlins also , but final decided Henry Big Boy rifle will make me happy.
Hewy
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 06:48:09 PM by Hewy »
Hewy
BETTER TO GETTIN than GETTIN GOT.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2020, 08:06:26 AM »
this one does...lol
Kinda, a little, sorta. It does still have the loading gate though.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2020, 08:22:01 AM »
...I have a Golden Boy and love it but the big bores are pretty much a turn off.

So...reviews, impressions of the Golden Boy? (not to mention pix...LOL!) Saying you "love it" just doesn't cut it here!

What can I say? It's more accurate than any of my Marlins. The action is slicker than snot on a porcelain doorknob. The bluing is immaculate. Wood to metal fit is good, not excellent but good, better than Pietta  (7+" I'd like it better if the barrel band was brass which is available. Even better would be a brass nose cap. I wish the brass finish wasn't so bright and garish or would at least mellow out. The drop in the stock takes some getting used to but it's comfortable when you do. The pic is old but it still looks the same.

Hawg ,I soon will be an owner of a Henry Big Boy Classic in 45 Colt.
Researched Marlins also , but final decided Henry Big Boy rifle will make me happy.
Hewy

I do believe that Big Boy is made here in Rice Lake, Wi. The company bought a struggling hardware manufacturing plant, retained/retrained those workers, added to them and currently employs some 300 workers. The other plant is in New Jersey. I was going to see if I could tour the plant, but didn't stop. There is a video tour of the Rice Lake facility on YouTube.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 09:12:23 AM by Captainkirk »

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2020, 09:12:45 AM »
(Fixed it, Mazo)
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Yolla Bolly Brad

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2020, 10:31:15 AM »
  You just have to love the entrepreneurs that can create a successful American based gun manufacturing business out of the ashes of someone elses failing enterprise!   <={
  I'm retiring a couple years early because the corporation I work for (ITT Cannon) has decided to transfer our manufacturing facility to Nogales, Mexico. I'm not affected much because I was ready to retire anyway, but I hate too see the younger workers (about 150 of them) put out of a good job. There was no financial reason for this, other than greed, because our subsidiary was consistently making profit in the 40%-50% range. The corporate big shot who pushed for this is named Farooq. I predict the business will be run into the ground and sold off in 2 years because out mismanagement team has done nothing to transfer the technology or train the workers in Nogales.
  Pardon my rant and hijacking of this thread, but I saw the same thing happen to my old employer Hewlett Packard when they decided to sent their manufacturing overseas and become a junk merchant.  I hate seeing corporate bean counters and globalists destroy once good American companys.