Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Pedersoli flintlock shotgun  (Read 15208 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Pedersoli flintlock shotgun
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2019, 07:48:01 AM »
Hi, I was looking to buy an spare sear for my Pedersoli Scout flintlock 12ga shotgun. I have two similar extra flintlock locks where all the internal parts are the same as my Scout lock except that the shotgun has a longer leg on the sear. Nobody in the USA has that sear in stock. I emailed Pedersoli on how to acquire that sear. Pedersoli told me that the sear hasn't yet been shipped to any distributor in the USA, but would send me one as a promotion. The sear was airmailed from Italy and I received it in five days. Gotta love Pedersoli!

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2019, 11:02:54 AM »
Cool Beans!!!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2019, 09:26:40 AM »
Hi, I got to shoot my Pedersoli 12ga SxS again today using clay birds as targets. On my first shot, a miss. I was thinking, "here we go again". However, I finally got the Pedersoli dialed in were I hit every clay bird launched thereafter. The solution was in the shot size I was using. I was using #9 shot that is pretty small. Even though there are a lot of pellets, each pellet has minimal energy compared to larger sized shot. The #9 must have been bouncing right off the clays. Using both #7.5 and #5 shot blasted the hell out of the birds. Most just showed a smoke cloud after being hit.

I love that Pedersoli, especially since I can now hit flying targets. This is an example of "never give up".

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2019, 09:32:09 AM »
 <={
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2019, 10:09:56 AM »
Excellent news!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2019, 10:29:26 AM »
 (7& You da man Richard!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2020, 06:30:58 AM »
Hi, I purchased the Pedersoli Scout Flintlock shotgun last fall:

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/product/product_id/9488/category_id/315/product_name/FS3031+PEDERSOLI+SCOUT+SHOTGUN+FLINT+12+GAUGE

Sold some .22 conversion cylinders recently and used that money to order the flintlock's percussion brother:

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/product/product_id/9486/category_id/316/product_name/PS3021+PEDERSOLI+SCOUT+SHOTGUN+PERCUSSION+12+GAUGE

I'll post some photos when the shotgun comes in.

Regards,
Richard

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2020, 09:30:07 AM »
Richard, you might have to change your moniker to "Shotgun Richard"!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2020, 04:07:58 AM »
Hi, the Pedersoli Scout percussion 12ga shotgun arrived yesterday. The fit and finish is perfect and is an almost perfect match to my Pedersoli Scout flintlock 12ga shotgun. Other than being percussion, the bore of the percussion shotgun appears to be chrome plated. Can't wait for good weather to shoot the new percussion shotgun.

Regards,
Richard

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2020, 10:06:22 AM »
Hi, the weather was nice today and I got a chance to shoot the new Pedersoli percussion Scout 12ga shotgun at clay birds. Shot it a couple dozen times using 60gr Black Mz and 1oz shot. I tried using fiber wads, plastic wad, and different combinations without being able to hit one clay bird. Before I try this again I will pattern the shotgun and see where it really hits compared to its two bead sights. Even though I didn't hit a clay bird, the shotgun functioned flawlessly. Every pull of the trigger had the shotgun go bang.

Regards,
Richard