Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Looking at another Pietta 1851  (Read 9056 times)

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
Re: Looking at another Pietta 1851
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2022, 05:12:13 AM »
AR. I too use an iPhone. I usually forward to my email then select a smaller size when it asks. Then post from my email. Extra step to go through but it works. Hope that helps.
Zilch I need to learn this. Thank you brother.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2022, 07:32:59 AM »
No worries AH, Glad to assist. I really would like to see a pic or two from ya. By the way, any progress on your shed that you broke ground on awhile back?

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2022, 08:14:13 AM »
AR. I too use an iPhone. I usually forward to my email then select a smaller size when it asks. Then post from my email. Extra step to go through but it works. Hope that helps.

This is how I do it too. I email the picture to myself. It will ask how big you want the picture. I always select "medium". Then I take the picture from email and download it into flicker. Easy.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2022, 09:24:42 AM »
If it's a pic I want to keep I upload it to Imgur and pick large thumbnail when I post it. If it's not something I want to keep I save it to desktop and use the forum software to post it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2022, 04:13:37 AM »
No worries AH, Glad to assist. I really would like to see a pic or two from ya. By the way, any progress on your shed that you broke ground on awhile back?
Hey Bud no progress.
With winter snow and ice I’ve halted home projects for a spell.
I did buy an old backhoe project. I’ve been working on it some. I have it near ready to go.
Soon as the yard is dry, footers will be dug for the shed and a new front porch.
I haven’t gotten off work early enough to go see the Navy in person.
I hope to go in the morning.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2022, 06:18:05 AM »
Hey Bud no progress.
With winter snow and ice I’ve halted home projects for a spell.
I did buy an old backhoe project. I’ve been working on it some. I have it near ready to go.
Soon as the yard is dry, footers will be dug for the shed and a new front porch.
I haven’t gotten off work early enough to go see the Navy in person.
I hope to go in the morning.

AR, I see, yes, I guess the weather can play a huge factor. I live in an area that gets very little if any snow. Guess I should be grateful. It does get very hot and humid here though. I don't care for that either. I guess it's a trade off. Your backhoe "project" sounds like a good one and that will help you accomplish your mission in the near future.  :-*

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2022, 12:02:31 PM »
I went and saw it in person today. It’s actually nicer than I expected.
The copper looks awesome in person.
The wood seems exceptional on this one as well.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2022, 02:35:02 PM »
That’s great AR? So? Do you think you will buy it?

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2022, 02:51:25 PM »
I'll have to say that in today's economy, that price is pretty good. We go through quite a few BP revolvers in the shop, and prices have jumped considerably on the wholesale side....which also affects the used market heavily. We're paying a premium on all used ones right now just to get them in the shop.

You can wait to see if prices go down, but as they say...a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2022, 05:29:41 PM »
I hope too.  It’s terrible timing since I bought the backhoe and them new rear tires and lots of parts.
If it doesn’t sell soon I’ll get it. The guy is a good friend and offered to hold it in the back for me. I told him not to.
Fingers crossed

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2022, 06:58:52 PM »
I hope too.  It’s terrible timing since I bought the backhoe and them new rear tires and lots of parts.
If it doesn’t sell soon I’ll get it. The guy is a good friend and offered to hold it in the back for me. I told him not to.
Fingers crossed
Oh, I see and understand 👍👍 that’s good he’s  a buddy and will probably hold it for you even though you said not to😉 I’m in a pickle myself. Wanting money to buy Richards Mason Conversion in .38 special. I need to quit looking at guns , I’m hopelessly hooked. Good luck on the 1851. If it’s meant to be? It will be. 😁

Offline Lyle

• 2B1ask1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2022, 07:53:10 PM »
I'll have to say that in today's economy, that price is pretty good. We go through quite a few BP revolvers in the shop, and prices have jumped considerably on the wholesale side....which also affects the used market heavily. We're paying a premium on all used ones right now just to get them in the shop.

You can wait to see if prices go down, but as they say...a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Where is your shop and what I the name of your shop?

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2022, 09:21:13 PM »
Hey Lyle. It's in Tombstone, AZ. Called Smoke Signals.....we sell guns and cigars.
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2022, 05:11:23 AM »
Hey Lyle. It's in Tombstone, AZ. Called Smoke Signals.....we sell guns and cigars.
Mick, sounds like a dream job. I’m so jealous 😁👍 I can’t find any LGS that has open top or RM conversions where I live. I’ll bet your store has at least one or two of each.

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2022, 09:38:16 AM »
Mick, sounds like a dream job. I’m so jealous 😁👍 I can’t find any LGS that has open top or RM conversions where I live. I’ll bet your store has at least one or two of each.
[/quote
I live in a very rural area. The only business out here is a country store and that LGS.
The owner of the LGS told my buddy that works there not to mess with Colt replicas much. They wound up with 3. One is the Army my wife got me for my birthday. The others sold fast. Now they want them but can hardly get them.